First time staying at this Holiday Inn and it was quite an experience. It was a girlfriends overnight trip and we stayed in a two double bed with a sleep sofa. (Don't bother with the sleep sofa, bring an air mattress instead…it is extremely uncomfortable.) It started with a couple of stink bugs hanging out in our beds, to be woken by the music that greets you when you arrive to check in and ended with being told we couldn't get a receipt because I booked and pre-paid through a 3rd party (I booked and pre-paid through Holiday Inn) and having a hold placed against my credit card for the cost of the room that was pre-paid plus an additional 10 dollars for incidentals. I can handle a few creepy bugs, heck they get in my house. Management needs to seriously consider turning the volume down on the outside music; we thought a band was in the parking lot at 8:30 in the morning. And finally, with technology today there is absolutely no reason why I had to wait for 20 minutes to get a receipt that clearly showed I booked through Holiday Inn and no excuse for close to 200.00 dollars being held against my credit card for a room that was pre-paid. So the call to the hotel went something like this, Sorry it is up to your bank to release the funds…of course these are the funds that Holiday Inn put a hold on. There is no Manager available to speak with but one would be in touch with me first thing Monday…Ten days and still waiting to hear from a Manager. Long story short, we slept with bugs, was woke too early by Hotel music and I didn't have access to 200.00 for 5 days and my number 1 issue is no follow-up by Management…The Pro's to this hotel is spacious rooms, excellent hot and cold breakfast and it was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charles Town West Virginia Our beautiful new hotel is a lovely three story, interior corridor hotel that is less than 1/2 mile from the Charles Town Races and Slots. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/ pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Charles Town, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel Ranson
- Holiday Inn Express Ranson
- Holiday Inn Ranson
- Ranson Holiday Inn