It was certainly nice to get off the beaten path (I-70) on our drive from Ohio to DC as we decided to visit Harpers Ferry National Historical Park along the way. We picked the Holiday Inn Express in Charles Town, WV mainly for its proximity to the N.P. (7 miles) as well as the availability of a hot breakfast. We enjoyed our stay, albeit a short stay of about 9 hours, and were more than satisfied with the customer service, hotel-wide cleanliness, and the hot breakfast in the morning. They allowed us a late check-in which was super important as we arrived close to midnight and were exhausted from 5 hours of post-workday driving. There certainly were less and more expensive options within a 20-mile radius but this spot was definitely a good blend of location, comfort, and value. Also, the hotel is quite large (for a Holiday Inn Express) and apparently caters to the horse-racing/casino crowd - the racetrack could be seen from our window. We didn't get involved in any of that - so I can't comment on any shuttle service or amenities in that regard. But if we're in the area again we'd have no problem staying here once more!
GPS DRIVE TIP: By the way, if you're coming from the west on I-70, dumping off I-70 early (Rts 522 - 1 - 9) and taking a straighter route (as the crow flies) versus staying until you hit I-81 and "back-tracking" nets you about the same amount of driving time but shaves about 13 miles. Fun if you want to see some rural West Virginia!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charles Town West Virginia Our beautiful new hotel is a lovely three story, interior corridor hotel that is less than 1/2 mile from the Charles Town Races and Slots. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/ pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Charles Town, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel Ranson
- Holiday Inn Express Ranson
- Holiday Inn Ranson
- Ranson Holiday Inn