“Dirty Rooms and smells”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richwood
The Four Seasons Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Richwood
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed in one of the lower rooms. The twin bed had dirty sheets, dead bugs between the wall and bed. The room smelled moldy. Tried to reach a manager but no answer on either number. We have stayed in one of the upper rooms in the past and it was fine.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the upper rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Mary768

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I Stayed At This Hotel For Two Weeks And Just Loved It, The Scenery Is Beautiful, The Rooms Are Clean, And The Staff Is Friendly. My OnlY Problem Was The Town Of Richwood, It Is Very Run Down And There Is Nothing At All To Do Around Here.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank towertech
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We got the 2 bedroom suite located below the office, I would recommend you get the suite on other end, Don't know what was going on upstairs all night but it sounded like they were moving furniture! Rooms were clean, kitchen completely furnished, good water pressure in shower. Nice waterfall out back with "swimming" hole. Typical "This end up" furniture, not too comfortable. Clean sheets and plenty of towels. Free wifi.

Room Tip: Get room closer to road, newer.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dwipeone
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I am from the area and like to stay here when I come in for a visit. Recently, my family came in for a get-together and reserved two rooms and the suite. Each of us had a different, but poor opinion on the state of our rooms. The heat didn't work in one room, so it was cold the whole time. The other room had tiles that looked as if they would fall from the ceiling at any moment. The ice that came from the ice machine had dirt in it, but the owner denied it until we took a baggie full and showed him :( The toilets wouldn't flush, and there were some kind of bugs around the "balconies". We ALL complained to the management, and all we received was a shrug of his shoulders :( It's a shame this place has gone downhill. It used to be very nice and I always enjoyed my stay - until now.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank PennyLane34141
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Upon entering our room there was a putrid smell,we opened all of the windows and left to do some site seeing. When we returned and inspected the room further we found large mosquitos smashed on the wall,mold in the refrigerator and cob webs large enough to support a tarantula.

We stayed after I cleaned the room. I complained to management but I was told they were short staffed and recovering from a power outage. Does that mean no cleaning? We will not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank ande1068
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Pros - Beautiful View of the Falls, Location, Location, Location. Near Cherry River for trout fishing
Clean Sheets and rooms. If making reservation ask for the newer section closest to the
road.
Cons. - it is not the Marriott , so think of it as an adventure. The lower rooms are out of the
1950s .. Small bathrooms..

Room Tip: Rooms nearest the road are more modern
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank candyman23
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Our most recent stay was a little different. The hotel is under new management and things are not the same. Rates have went up and the room was dirty. Shower full of hair and room hadn't been used or cleaned in a while and it was a deluxe, because it had a microwave and fridge. Room was dusty and dirty looking also. Coffee pot was filthy had to be washed before we could use it. Have stayed here many times and rooms didn't look like that one did and they told me we could check in anytime after 7am on the day we was going up there which made no sense to me now I no why it didn't need cleaned up . Don't know if I will stay there again or not, there is not much choice of hotels in this town.

Room Tip: Might try rooms up stairs not below but it will be noisier because of traffic but might be cleaner c...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank cruiser1108

Been to The Four Seasons Lodge? Share your experiences!