“Bed was a weiner bun”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ripley
Hinckley, Ohio
“Bed was a weiner bun”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

For as much as you pay to stay at a Holiday Inn, you'd think the bed's would be top notch. Weiner bun is more like it. The breakfast the next morning was good, a lot of variety. The room was clean and the bathroom was also very nice. Good water pressure. Just a bit disappointed in the bed...was looking forward to a good nights sleep and woke up with a back ache.

Room Tip: Apparently the rooms with King size beds are better sleeping.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Ripley, WV Holiday Inn Express. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the bed. We purchase our beds from a reputable company; however, people have different opinions on the comfort of the beds. Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations there.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel was super clean and the staff was very friendly. Easy on and off of I-77. Good breakfast. Comfortable beds. I am very particular where my family stays. It has to be clean and safe…. this place is it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, 8 July 2014

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are visiting the Ripley area. I hope to see you again if you are in the area.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a night on our way to Myrtle Beach. Free wifi, best continental breakfast I've ever had (with biscuits and gravy!), great staff with above and beyond southern hospitality. Unfortunately the pool was closed, but the rooms were pretty clean for the most part. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in the future though!

Stayed June 2014
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, 29 June 2014

Thanks for the excellent recommendation for reviewers that maybe reading your posting about our hotel.
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

After a long day on the road and a harrowing adventure at another hotel that didn't work out for us, we ended up at this hotel. It was clean, roomy and very comfortable. The bed was excellent. Breakfast was good too. It really was a nice stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel Staff was courteous and helpful. It was everything I needed to save my day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, 26 June 2014

Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014

its been almost a year and i forgot to write my review. we came for my stepsons wedding . We originally checked into another hotel but decided not to stay upon visiting the rooms. We drove across the street and checked in here . The price was a little high that would be my only complaint. My husband didnt want to get out of bed. The beds were so comfy. my son and i enjoyed the pool and the hot tub to ourselves and breakfast was pleansant. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you. I am so glad after all most a year you still remembered our hotel and our comfortable beds.

Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We spent one night here on our way home to Michigan, from Savannah Georgia. We had a good nights sleep. The beds are very comfortable. I travel with my own pillow but theirs was so good, I used it instead. Wish I had one like it. The shower was very good. Nice big TV, microwave, and mini fridge. The breakfast was good too, with lots of items to choose from.
We would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sher C
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you. Just to let you know that you will find these same pillows in all Holiday Inn Expresses.

Bloomfield Hills MI
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed for one night with the pooch on the way home from South Carolina driving to Mich. While this is not a 5 star hotel, I give it a 5 star rating for doing what it does exceptionally well.

This is a relatively new property ( I think the front desk said it has been opened for 5 years) and very nicely done. Very clean and comfortable and well decorated. Staff is very pleasant, helpful and accommodating. The lobby area, pool, and work out room are much nicer than most HIEs which is a pleasant surprise. The breakfast area is large and the offerings were fresh and good. It appears that many of the new hotels in this chain are getting upgraded from the old style hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for nights on the road. Especially nice that they accept pets. Thanks to the management for a pleasant stay. And my Corgi says woof (translation thanks guys) :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jmbjdc
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, 20 April 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Quality Inn Gallipolis
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley? Share your experiences!