“Rude staff and dirty bathroom”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ripley
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I booked a stay thru booking.com, which I also confirmed by calling the motel. Upon arrival, the manager was rude, awkward and had a strong body odor. He informed me that I did not have a reservation and suggested that I call booking.com at 1:15am to take the matter up with them.

My husband finally asked if there was a vacancy so we could check in. We were offered several rooms and then told we couldn't have the one we selected. Later, we checked into a room with a very dirty bathroom.

The next day, it was apparent that housekeeping came and did not clean the bathroom. Towels were changed and the beds were made. There was urine on the bottom of the toilet. There were strands of hair and bits of toilet paper on the floor. Took a shower and noticed obvious soap scum all of over the walls.

We did not complain about the bathroom for two reasons. 1, we checked in late and returned late to our room the following day. 2, it was the manager who was rude to us and we did not think he would be approachable.

We simply will not return and will not recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Inside, 2nd floor room is next to ice machine. It kept us awake as other customers used it all night...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jan b
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 23 April 2014

It started with the TV suddendly quitting after checking in and one of my party going to bed. Front desk was alerted and within 10 minutes a man from housekeeping came to see if he could fix it. He could not but was most pleasant and wanted to see that I was satisfied so I asked for a replacement TV. That could not be done because apparently, TV's are individually assigned to each room. I then asked for a room change and between the housekeeping rep and front desk, we were moved to a room across the hall and I was even assisted with my luggage and having new room keys delivered--definitely good service! Everything fine for the rest of the evening.
Next day, I discovered the bathroom problems: mold and a shower head with a mind of its own. Same mold problems as in my previous Quality Inn stay the night before outside Savannah. In each case instead of getting rid of the mold from underneath the tiles, they were caulked over and anyone who knows mold, will tell you the mold will surely work its way back out to the surface. I took a very quick shower under a shower head that spurted water everywhere but on me.
Got dressed and went for breakfast--no juice, no coffee, eggs and biscuits were cold, no fruit. After a while, it was evident the cause was no breakfast person on duty--the front desk clerk was tasked with all the breakfast duties as well as checking out guests. When I inquired as to the problem, he said that 1) the night clerk didn't set up breakfast as he was supposed to do and 2) the breakfast person didn't show up that morning. Where,oh where, was the manager in this case?
At this point I asked for a rate reduction based on my having to transport all my luggage as well as a dead-tired other guest to the new room. The clerk said he would have to ask the manager, who you will remember was not on premises at the time. So, he promised to call the manager and have an answer when I came back to finish checkout. The manager declined to grant any kind of rate reduction for my inconvenience. This has NEVER happened in any of my hotel stays and certainly not with any Choice hotel. This is not a way to treat a Choice member so I will have to re-evaluate my loyalty to the Choice brand--all because of something not of my doing but on a person who apparently values the buck more than repeat business.

Room Tip: If it's raining, you'll want a room in the main section; otherwise, you'll get wet going...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It served only as a place to sleep. You have to go outside in order to get to the lobby (in freezing temps) for breakfast, which was NOT worth the trip. Creepy house and maint staff! We arrived one evening back to our room to find the entire floor, including OUR room smelled awful with curry and garlic spices!!! I wanted to gag! The staff is Indian and cook their food inside their room which is in with guest rooms. I could taste that awful smell!! Though we were well before our check out time, the cleaning lady was waiting outside our door as we were carrying luggage down to depart. I went to the car and she asked if we were leaving. I said in a little while. She must not have understood English because after I went to take some things to the car, she walked in on my husband, ready to clean the room. As soon as my husband went to take some things to the car, she had already entered the room! To top it off, we forgot an item inside our room when we were still loading. Because she had already entered the room, it was GONE! I'm not saying she stole it, but you figure it out!!
Worst place ever!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The room appers clean but we found some old hard dog poop under the desk. Needless to say, that was a disappointing surprise. This is a pet friendly hotel for a fee, and I was able to connect to wi-fi. The linens are clean and soft. The parking lot is a pain with a 26 foot Penske truck and not very well lit. The room smells good, and the bathroom is clean. The shower is nice. Overall this is an ok hotel.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay off of I77, this ain't it. Room was filthy. We booked a downstairs, 2 Queen beds, and non smoking room. I even called the hotel 2 days before my arrival to confirm my request. The gentleman that I spoke with assured me that I would be accommodated. Well we ended up with a smoking room that smelled like an ash tray. Well you may say that I had a choice to not stay there. Well I did not have a choice because my card would have been charged anyway. Motel had no WiFi and the breakfast was a joke. Room was also very Dated. I walked around with my socks on in the room. The bottom of my socks were black. The duvet cover on the bed was badly torn and had several burn holes in it. Disgusting. Someone from Choice Hotels needs to visit this location. This location really makes Choice Hotels look bad.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The buffet was very nice. The bedding, esp the pillows, smelled like oily dirty hair.... also, the "half" pillows were totally misshappen and gave me a terrific neck ache. Very dissappointed in the cleanliness..... Bathroom had black mold on the upper walls, shower was also grungy. Opened a drawer to put some items away and there were dead bugs in there, at least I hope they were dead. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Passing through Ripley on I-77 on the way to Florida, we got tired and picked this place at random to stop for the night. The young woman at the desk was cheerful and quite helpful. The whole place could definitely use an updating though. The carpeting in both the hall and the room was worn. The chrome fixtures in the tub were corroded, and the tiles needed some new grouting. However, the place did seem clean and the king size bed was comfortable. There was a good sized flat screen TV.

Breakfast was fine. There were scrambled eggs, sausages, do-it-yourself waffles, and an assortment of cereals, fruit, muffins and rolls Also it was the least expensive place we stayed on a six day trip. If we were passing through again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: There are both inside and outside rooms. Pick an inside if you can.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!