“Quaint Restaurant”
Review of Front Porch

Front Porch
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The food was average, not overly pricey- minimal selection- we ate outside- view of Seneca Rocks was nice

There are newer reviews for Front Porch

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after 3 days backpacking in Dolly Sods, ready for some real food. We sat on the porch with a great view of the Seneca Rocks. They were very accommodating of our big dog, bringing him water. The food was great. I had a giro of local lamb and cucumber dill sauce. Later we had a pizza, also excellent, made from their fresh dough. A gem in the mountains!

1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stop here about a dozen times a year. No matter how busy or how slow they are they never disappoint. We always get their pizza. It's simple, homemade, tomato and mozzarella cheese, yummy ( they do have additional toppings if you like). They have sodas and tea, but if you want a adult beverage you can purchase one from Hoopers General Store (downstairs). This is a place to enjoy the view, talk with the locals and share experiences with all the hikers and bikers (motorcycles that is). The price is very reasonable. We had 2 sodas each, mozzarella sticks and a large pizza( it was to big for only 2 people) for $18. The service is laid back here but they won't let you go thirsty or hungry and the conversations were priceless.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I have ate at The Front Porch restaurant a handful of times. I've always had a great experience. The food I've ordered (Reuben Sandwich and the Pizza) are delicious! Wait staff friendly and to the point but no more, no less. The view is amazing! I find myself taking pictures while trying to eat! Nice place to join family after an afternoon adventure in the area. Will be returning as soon as the weather warms up a bit more as it tends to stay a bit cooler up that way.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I love this place. Truly one of the finest casual dining views one will find. Is it a gourmet eatery? Absolutely not, but I've always enjoyed the food almost as much as the atmosphere. Many times I have enjoyed a garden salad and a pizza while taking in the scenery from the covered front porch. The servers are friendly and attentive (something one can't find everywhere) and management allows diners to purchase a legal or two downstairs and bring it up to enjoy with their dinner. Try doing that most places! Many times I'll jump on my motorcycle for a six hour ride and formulate a stop at the Front Porch Restaurant as the midway point in my big loop of West Virginia ... those days I just enjoy the sweet tea!