My boyfriend and I wanted just an overnight getaway, after the earthquake and hurricane which hit the east coast. I had been to the Bavarian Inn once before, and knew that it should be a quiet place to unwind. The view is beautiful - one of our favorite times was drinking tea on the balcony and just savoring the scenery, occasionally watching a train go over the trestle in the distance. I love Shepherdstown, with it's quaint stores and restaurants. You must check out the Blue Moon Cafe. We sat outside in the garden, with a stream running through it. And the food was good. You can also visit Harper's Ferry, which has Civil War history, and spectacular views, especially where the Shenendoah River meets the Potomac River.
The one downside to this is that I have yet to have a good dining experience at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant. We sat outside in a kind of garden, which was nice. But the food that we got was now very appealing. For the price, we should have gotten a far better meal, but the fish was overcooked, and the ribeye steak, which should be fork-tender, was also overcooked and not that good. The restaurants in Shepherdstown saved the day, and I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Agoda so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant