Had a one night stay in November 2013. It was OK, the room appeared like no one had been there in awhile so was musty and dusty. I think if housekeeping had visited before it would have been much better as it had a REALLY nice view of the Potomac and nice fireplace and whirlpool tub. Much construction going on which made the parking lot a bit tight.
The only thing that irked me a little was that we had to wait 15 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk so we could check out. I finally got to the point where I was writing the clerk a note to attach the keys to. She did finally show up.
All in all, it was not a spectacular stay, but I would go back and give it another try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant