“Good stuff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Good stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The food at Kazu is really, really good. When I'm in the mood for Japanese, it's one of two that are my go-tos. The service is on the indifferent side, but since the prices are extremely reasonable, and it's not actually crappy service, it's a decent trade-off.

Visited June 2014

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Decent sushi and great Crispy Duck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've always wanted to try other Crispy Duck at other restaurants. When at Kazu, it was outstanding. I have had it two times there now and both were very good. The service was decent and the sushi was also good. I would recommend to anyone looking for a decent place to eat that isn't super expensive.

Visited February 2014
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Absolutely wretched. Overpriced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am a long time resident of Shepherdstown. Good friends from out of town arrived later than expected. We all agreed that take out was the best option rather than start dinner prep at home late. The place we favor is closed on Tuesday, so despite having had several "sketchy" meals and down right rude service 4 years ago, we decided to order take out. The Drunken noodles with Tofu which 2 of our party ordered was lacking but adequate. My FAVORITE Thai dish is Pad Thai but when I opened my box it was obvious the cook knows NOTHING about this dish. Absolutely tasteless, no spices , not a hint of Tamarind (Key ingredient) ..Noodles grossly over cooked and very greasy. Just horrible.. no abysmal would be a better word. Thank goodness the other dishes had enough to share and go around. OK, then there was the Veg. Thai dumplings. Stale and hard. Also inedible and threw them out. The spring rolls were over cooked and greasy, having been cooked at too low a temperature. Thought about going back and trying to manage the situation, but didn't because of the rude treatment I received there 4 years ago on a birthday outing.. not worth the hassle. COMPLETE WASTE of 75.00 hard earned cash. I will never go back. Useless.

• Visited May 2014
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
“Dinner with friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have to admit I had some doubts based on some of the reviews I had read but we found it to be very good. the service was excellent and the sushi was quite good better than some I have had in Baltimore and Washington DC. I was not expecting this from a small restaurant in small WV college town. The Greens were fresh, we had a variety of spicy rolls and several different sushi pieces all were fresh and excellent in quality. We will go again. We will be going again.

Visited April 2014
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“pass this one up!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My family had lunch there today 10/19/13. It was not good at all. we had the shrimp pad thai and some avocado roll. The noodles were very old, clumped together and seemed to be re-cooked. flavor was not good, three shrimp and they tasted awful, Not a good value for the price we paid.
I would skip this place all together. we have eaten here a few times in the past and it was not much better, we keep going back to see if the food quality ahs gotten better - it hasn't. we will stop going.

• Visited October 2013