“Fresh and Tasty”

Blue Moon Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food here is fabulous. The food tastes fresh and not the normal processed food that you get at so many restaurants. The "Pilgrim" is absolutely fabulous! However, my husband swears by the Powerhouse. I don't know that we have ever had a bad meal here!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Considering other options in Shepherdstown, this place is pretty good. Good service and good food. The interior could use a cleaning and the flies were distracting. But a better choice when choosing in Shepherdstown.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Bohemian setting in Shepherdstown offers mostly appetizers and sandwiches. Good selection of draft beer. Enjoyed brie and apple appetizer also noodles. Both very good. Comprehensive list of uniquely named sandwiches. I had BLT. My son had Sroom Philly. My daugher had the Jesse (and some Spanish names I forget). Anyway, service was good. It was surprisingly busy for a late Saturday afternoon. A tad slow for delivering the sandwiches. But, definitely worth wait. Not pricey. Good value! Highly recommend if you are around. Worth the short trip from Harpers Ferry.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We loved our first visit to the cafe.... we sat outside... great ambiance with the water running through the restaurant and fabulous service. The menu is fun, lots of variety and I had the gazpacho. We liked it so much that we decided to return a week later, when we were passing through again. Yes, the food was good-- but the service was unbelievably awful. I am really not a complainer. I get it. Waiting tables is hard work. But having us wait for 20 min. before we were asked for our drink order and then waiting another 45 min for our food without one refill visit for our drinks was unacceptable. There was not a manager on duty, there were four young women running the bar and it looked like chaos. I complained the woman who took our final check and she really didn't see why I was upset. Really???? My suggestion-- go when they are slow.... ask for the male waiter who had long hair and a beard and stay away from the waitress with the short blonde hair.

2  Thank australiawithkids
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant with a great menu with such wonderful variety of food! The setting is so intimate, warm and friendly. Staff is outstanding and service is quick!!

Food is reasonably priced and tasty!!!