“Old Fashioned great food”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A popular low cost hang-out with top-notch food, emphasizing natural local ingredients, and wonderful service if the crowds aren't too much. Terrific staff with an earthy sense of humor.

1  Thank Bill R

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The waitress was pretty good in that she hustled, but she pretty much threw the food and drinks onto the table & wouldn't do separate checks. The service ended up being slow at times and our waitress didn't want to come back to give us the desert options (too, TOO busy and I guess she just didn't have the time to accommodate a request to give us a few minutes, so it was now or never). I really think this place was understaffed. She was in constant motion, but the service suffered some.

The food was good. I enjoyed the meatball sandwich and baked fries. One of my friends ordered the crab cakes ("Baltimore style") and he really enjoyed them. Said they were some of the best he'd had.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food here is fabulous. The food tastes fresh and not the normal processed food that you get at so many restaurants. The "Pilgrim" is absolutely fabulous! However, my husband swears by the Powerhouse. I don't know that we have ever had a bad meal here!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Considering other options in Shepherdstown, this place is pretty good. Good service and good food. The interior could use a cleaning and the flies were distracting. But a better choice when choosing in Shepherdstown.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Bohemian setting in Shepherdstown offers mostly appetizers and sandwiches. Good selection of draft beer. Enjoyed brie and apple appetizer also noodles. Both very good. Comprehensive list of uniquely named sandwiches. I had BLT. My son had Sroom Philly. My daugher had the Jesse (and some Spanish names I forget). Anyway, service was good. It was surprisingly busy for a late Saturday afternoon. A tad slow for delivering the sandwiches. But, definitely worth wait. Not pricey. Good value! Highly recommend if you are around. Worth the short trip from Harpers Ferry.