“My Little Piece of Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wells Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sistersville
The Wells Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sistersville B&B and Inns
Katy, Texas, United States
“My Little Piece of Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I am a businessman who travels at least 300 days a year. I have found a hotel in a small town of Sistersville, WV. I have been her for some time and I am proud to say that the Wells Inn is my home. The owner Charles Winslow, along with his staff of wonderful people, Joe, Patrick, Brea, Liz, Lisa, Mark and many more will show you how hospitality is done. Yes that means I love the hotel and the town!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Brent Lee B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

"I was riding my bike in excess of 150 miles to Wells Inn from Ohio and needed to cross the Ohio River by ferry at 6pm. A couple of days prior to my stay the owner called me and said the ferry was not running but he would send someone to pick me up....a 30 mile drive. This was the start of a very favorable experence including exceptional service, a very nice room and a wonderful breakfast cooked to order included with the room. By the way since the kitchen was closed by the time I got there the previous day my personal driver made sure I had dinner the night before on the way to the hotel along with an interesting tour of Sisterville. I enjoyed the whole experence." - Terry Bork

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank terry b
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We traveled from out of state and did not know what time check in was. Had a reservation for one night. Was told we could not check in until 5pm, this was at 12:30pm. OK, I can understand but would of liked to get situated before a long night of car races in front of us. Checked in at 12:30 am, tired and in need of a shower and rest. Should of got tipped off for what we were in for by the two guys drinking on the front steps of the hotel. Our room # 217- was nothing as expected. There were no blinds or curtins on most of the windows. The wife insisted we leave, I was so tired and convinced her to stay for the short night. Then the noise from another close by room started around 2am. Tried to call front dest but phone did not work. There was a dog barking in another room around 5am. I am not kidding, thank goodness the light awoke us AGAIN at 6am. We could'nt get out of there fast enough. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank paul m
steubenville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

My son and I had lunch today 5/12/12 at the Wells Hotel the food was great and the service was excellent. The pricing was very reasonable. I'm from out back of Friendly and have not been down to Sistersville in years, the trip was well worth it.

Room Tip: Did not spend the night.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank sue r
Sistersville, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I am local to the area and admittedly have not spent a night in the guest rooms, but my best friend who was visiting from out of town did. Her room was small (the bathroom was very small), but clean and adequate. However, the food in the restaurant is incredible. I've eaten several meals and have yet to be disappointed. The breakfasts are large and the home fries are the best I've ever had. The dinners are creative and well-prepared, and the prices are astonishingly low. The relatively new (two years?) owners are slowly restoring the Inn and the dining room is showing signs of its old beauty and elegance. I anxiously await the day when they've finished the restoration and I can award five "circles" to the Wells Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank WVTeacher20
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our first stay here. I understand the hotel used to be well-known and a place to see and be seen years ago. After its passing into various hands in the last several years, the owners appear to have done a lot of hard work to make the place clean and inviting. Our room was large and comfortable. It had beautiful hardwood floors, high ceilings, and a front entrance room. The bath still needs to be renovated but was clean and had plenty of hot water. The furniture is functional and has a bit of charm to it.

We had dessert and breakfast here--both were great. The restaurant area is quaint, and the servers were kind and helpful. We came from the Washington, D.C. area and have stayed at a range of hotels in several parts of the world. This hotel ranked among the highest for charm and character. Sure, it could have more modern furniture and a better bathroom, but those were functional. The room was toasty warm even though it was a night when the temperatures were below freezing. We would be happy to stay here again. We hope the owners succeed in finishing their renovations and want to come back when it's finished!

Room Tip: Just be nice and ask! The staff all seemed like kind and reasonable folks.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank RobySue
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Disappointed to say the least. My wife talked this place up to the nines. The lack of alternatives is the only reason I stayed the second night, I was disgusted the first night. The owner was on the premises the first two nights of our stay, and two nights in a row he looked me staight into my eyes and lied. We were in a room outside the fire doors, and it doesn't have heat. Two nights in a row the owner acknowledged the lack of heat in our room,Two nights in a row said he'd go check the boiler and then went home without resolving a thing. The second night he had the gall to lecture my wife and I when we used the space heaters we found already in the room closet, they apparently caused fuses to blow as we attempted to warm the place up. I am assuming since the rest of the Inn is occupied with construction work working the pipeline, our satisfaction was an after thought.

I will not stay in this place again, even for Sisterville this place is a sad excuse for a hotel, and a cozy roadside inn it is not

Room Tip: Absolutely DO NOT stay in rooms outside the the firewall, they're not heated, The Inn is current...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank MrkC268
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sistersville
The Orchard Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Wells Inn? Share your experiences!