Inn at Snowshoe
US$90
Travelocity
  • Pool
Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$83
The Omni Homestead Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$159
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn Elkins(Elkins)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$96
US$133
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsindoor pool and hot tubsski packagesnowshoe resortroom was largesilver creekfree shuttlemini fridgelift ticketsresort areaskiinghourlydormdresserseasoncondo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Snowshoe as part of a golf package on the last night of our Fall (2013) golf trip. We planned to play at The Raven Golf Course (which was a wonderful experience) the next day. We arrived in torrential rain, which had unleashed 3" of rain that day. It was late, and we were tired. Got into the restaurant just before it closed. Unfortunately, the roof/ceiling was a waterfall. The pool was also closed because of leaks. The bathroom in the room was quite smelly and shabby, with wall paper coming off, and paint peeling. It was also not particularly clean. There was no WiFi available in the room. Honestly, I can't remember staying in worse accomodations ever! On the plus side,the people were nice and the breakfast was good. But we will obviously not be returning, and I am forced to give this hotel a thumbs down based on our overall negative experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Faona67
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It is a budget hotel, so you don't expect a lot. You expect basics: a clean room, fast check in, relatively polite staff. You do not get any of the above in the Inn at Snowshoe. Check in starts at 5 pm. We arrived at 9:30 pm, after a full day of work and a 4-hour drive, to find out that our room was not ready. We were told that they have only two people available to clean the whole hotel. We were advised to come back in half an hour. We did, and we did, and we did. In the meanwhile, my daughter fell asleep in a lobby chair. We finally got into our room at 11 PM! The staff at the front desk did not offer an apology, they did not approach us to give us the keys, they simply yelled out my last name. The overall appearance of the hotel is as described by previous reviewers, shabby, outdated and in need of maintenance. There was trash on the floor of the corridor, dirty walls and windows, poorly fitted electric outlets. It’s a misery of a hotel. The owners use the shortage of budget lodgings at the resort to pipe money out of their customers with at most contempt.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tais24
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel during a blizzard in January, and had some great snow board on. Overall, the hotel was great and I did not feel like the room was over priced. My only complaint was one of the ladies that worked the front desk did not put any effort to answer my question about getting my lift ticket printed out. She was rude and paid more attention to her phone...I ended up going to the top of the mountain and waiting in line to get my lift ticket. I wish I would have gotten her name. The restaurant in the hotel was not over priced, and our portions were more than adequate. The rooms could use a little updating, and I wished wifi was available in the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flip76
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

While the Inn at Snowshoe is not as conveniently located to skiing, it is a great option at a good price. The Inn is a little dated, but we found our room to be clean and spacious. A bar and restaurant are also located inside the inn. We were given a pass for a buffet breakfast upon check-in. The breakfast was good with lots of choices. A great way to start a day of skiing. A shuttle also provides service to the slopes and villages at the top of the mountain if you do not want to drive.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I booked this place as a lower cost alternative to the pricey resorts on the mountain. I was there on business, as I was selling my art at one of the gift shops up on the mountain. The price was nice, and the room was big. However, the place has definitely seen better days. I also would have GREATLY appreciated knowing ahead of time that there is NO cell phone service anywhere but on the mountain. The entire hotel is part of a black out zone due to a nearby radio telescope. This wasn't on the information in my reservation at all, and I had scheduled an important phone call at 8am my first morning there. In this day and age, that is very important information! Also, while they advertise free WiFi, it is ONLY available in the small, noisy lobby.

The restaurant is decent, and the people were friendly, and if I have to be in the area again, it is the only low-cost option. However, I'd much rather just not go.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business