All reviewsunderground parkingsleeper sofasouth winghot tubtop floorstandard studiofull kitchenwater heatergood luck findingthe maintenance manbalcony overlooking the villagepilot lightcommon areaslodging optionsdark hallwaysheated garagesitting area
Reviewed 18 January 2007

I suppose we knew how labor intensive any getaway could be with a family of 6! Snow skiing is not without waiting and hauling luggage and equipment.
Reservations- I made last last minute reservations. Even when it seems booked to the rim, remember there will always be last minute cancellations.
Rooms- Rimfire was nice overlooking road and valley not village.Very crammed, Very nice kitchen with crockpot, cork screw and all essentials. made everything including baking chocolate chip cookies. There was dishwash and hand wash soap.Starbucks was a hit for the kids spent their wad on cappuchinos!
Parking- The underground parking key worked for our room. The room wasn't clean at 3:00 but we had a place to change. Watch your roof top equipment carriers saw someone get theirs ripped off in the entrance.
Equipment rental- You can rent all including ski bibs and pants.
Had a great time chatting with the staff about the working abroad experience.
Lessons- I had one newby snowboarder, Loved the lessons and her teacher! Struggled through an evening without lessons, So stow your stuff and hit the slopes quickly.
Babysitting-Didn't use
Extras- Pool if you are central reservations you get in free. If you book through individual $5.00 a piece. Kids Loved swimming out doors in the heavy fog! They clear the pool once an hour.
Pack separate beach bag and come here if your room is not ready.
Shaver. What I remember from snowshoe 30 years ago. The original lodge" still battered" has rock climbing movies, arcade bungey lodge style meals and disco.
Slopes- We were blessed with lightly falling snow for the first 12 hours. tubing and skiing. Better than we expected. Lifts bogged down in th afternoon!
Transportation- My kids went last year and said the people drove back and forth themselves to western slopes.( we weren't going to move from the garage) We didn't mind waiting and sometimes getting shut outof the shuttle. It was windy and brisk but we managed to wait. Do not take this trip if you are not a patient Person!!There is inevidible lines somewhere.Home on the shuttle 10pm A Black Bear Cub passed in front of us(no stop in the bar either)
Shops Bought a nice burton coat regular ski apparel price.
Kids gloves were a less than quality glove returned without a problem. Problaby a buyers glitch.
Mass- Mass on Sunday in Beautiful St. Bernards.

8  Thank tressarudik
Reviewed 28 December 2006

My girlfriend and I were excited to hit up Snowshoe Mtn in WV after seeing the beautiful picures of the resort and being recommended by co-workers who have visited. I must say even from the booking over the phone I should have known it wasn't going to be all I had expected. The staff was lacking in customer service skills for such a pricey resort. The check in wasn't so bad other than having to go to either the bottom or top of the mountain instead of at the actual hotel and there is no bag check. Not a problem unless you drive a truck and the luggage is in the bed. We stayed at Rimfire which was a beautiful room and the underground parking was nice to help secure our luggage while we waited for our room. The staff at the rental shops needs to be trained before handing out equipment. As a first timer, I was looking for their guidence and instead got well, try this if it doesn't work, come back. Also waited at the counter at the pizza shop for 15 mins until a cook saw us waiting and got the cashier who was busy flirting with girls. Alot of young-ins working at this resort which doesn't offer you the customer service you'd expect out of a resort that charges $200 night for a room. We did take a snowboard lesson which was one of the highlights of the trip. The guys were very professional and helpful. I would suggest going to winterplace or another resort rather than spending the money at snowshoe just to be let down. At least in the off season where everything closes at 6pm.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank snowbunny78
Reviewed 8 December 2006

My wife and I stayed in Rimfire 101 for 2 nights this year and love ever moment of it. The room had a beautiful fireplace, nice decor and direct access to the outdoor hot tubs over looking the valley and the sunset. In the morning it was less than 50 feet from Starbucks the underground parking garage was an added bonus. The slopes were good for this time of year and the lines not bad at all. I can’t wait to get back in early 2007 when all the slopes are open. We had dinner in our room one night and the other we ate at the Foxfire and enjoyed the atmosphere and food. I would recommend the Rimfire lodge to anyone visiting snowshoe and we will be sure to ask for Room 101 again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hwminer
Reviewed 28 November 2006

We stayed at Rimfire Lodge on Snowshoe Mountain from Nov 25-28, 2006. My husband and I stayed in a Junior Studio that was perfect for the two of us. We had a wonderful full kitchen area where I cooked several meals, a nice sitting area with fireplace and tv (dish network), a queen sized bed, and a good sized bathroom. The lodge was wonderfully convenient to the slopes and the "village" was awesome. We ate some meals at the "Junction" and bought some ski items at "4848." All were reasonably priced for a resort area. The staff was great as well! We locked ourselves out of our room on the first night (go figure!) and they quickly provided us with new keys and friendly service. The guys operating the lifts were great too! Really good southern hospitality...a smile for everyone, a couple of jokes here and there...we really felt right at home! There was an aquatic center for adults and kids right beside our lodge (pool, water slides, hot tubs) and a sauna and hot tub in Rimfire (for Rimfire guests only) overlooking the mountains (absolutely gorgeous at sunset!). I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Snowshoe and we will definitely be back when the weather is more agreeable to skiing (later this winter). As it was, with just the 2 trails open, we still had a blast! I would definitely recommend this resort to couples and families. A must visit!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank elpurcell
Reviewed 17 April 2006

We returned from a long weekend at the Rimfire lodge at Snowshoe. We went Friday returning Monday. I read lots of reviews on Trip advisor before I went. Being on the mountain side and not the snow side of the village really helped with noise (we heard that the snow groomers work all night and can create a bit of noise on the slope side)

The Starbucks off the Lobby made a nice start to each day. Knowing that Snowshoe can be crowded on Holiday weekends we week the week after MLK and had no trouble. Yes things are expensive like any other destination resort so that helped set out expectations. Our 1 bed condo had a kitchen and we brought our food with us. We went out to eat one night (Sunday) and loved the food. For the most part the lift lines were manageable. One afternoon, lines got a little long at one lift so we just moved to another lift for the rest of the day.

Night skiing always had short to no lines, just be careful if the weather was warm enough to melt snow during the day the night skiing slope will be VERY icy. A friend staying with us broke his binding on a run and the rental shop at Silver Creek fixed it without charge.

I really think it was worth the extra money to be in the village (so cute and ski in/out convenience) and pay for a little better lodging. A couple in the hot tub with us said they arrive on Sundays through Tuesdays and always have a great time with no crowds and pay a lot less. The package deals through Snowshoe that include lift tickets are very good, always consider them.

13  Thank gad_fly_NC