Mountain Lodge Condos
US$90
Travelocity
  • Pool
Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$93
The Omni Homestead Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$159
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn Elkins(Elkins)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$114
US$95
US$90
US$148
US$139
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe room was nicesummer vacationeasy accessthrough vrboparking lotbuildingslopesatriumvillageskiingequipmentskiskitchencorridorstrapfeetindividual
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed in unit 362. All units are individually owned so each may be a little different. It was one bedroom with one bath, living area, and full kitchen. Great view of slopes and surrounding mountains. Bed and pull out sofa were very comfortable. Unit had two TVs with ample cable and movie channels. Kitchen was fully stocked with everything you need to cook meals. We ate every meal in room except for one evening out. The lodge is older but very homey feeling and easy to navigate with two elevators side by side. Check in and parking was easy. We stayed Tues - Saturday to avoid crowded slopes. Good move on our part. There are nicer condos on the mountain, but at two or three times the price. Went there to ski, not walk around critiquing condos. Haha. I totally recommend Mtn. Lodge and will definitely stay there again..

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TripTaker83
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at the mountain lodge for MLK weekend. The location was great but the bathroom was small and the sleep sofa was in need of repair. When you walked in it smelled damp. The bedroom had a window that looked into the hall. So when it was noisy in the hall it was noisy in the bedroom. It was easy to the slopes but for the same price you can stay at Expedition Station that is in the village has the same set up minus a living room table, it also has a bigger bathroom and has been updated. So in short try to get Expedition Station then Mountain Lodge.

Room Tip: Book facing the slopes and away from stairwells
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The location can't be beat, as the life is only about 80 meters from the back door. The room we stayed in served the purpose and was equipped well enough, with everything we needed (except decent WiFi), but the whole building was kind of like staying in a dorm. Maid service was an "as-needed" deal, with them stopping by daily and asking if you needed any towels. The maids were helpful, but I guess daily cleaning wasn't part of their duties. The Italian restaurant downstairs was overpriced (but that was expected), and the food was mediocre at best. There was no bar, or amenities shop in the building, but the "Provisions" market was only about 500 meters out the front door. There also was no ski room, so everyone carried their skis to their rooms, which lead to a lot of melted snow in the rooms.

On a positive note though, like I started out, for skiers the convenience can't be beat. Having never skied in the states before (lived in Europe for 20 years), I have nothing to compare it to, but I did like the way the lift lines were managed, where they had someone there ensuring that each chair was full and keeping the lines flowing. The slopes were well maintained, but the runs were much shorter than we are accustomed to.

All-in-all we enjoyed our stay. There are other, more expensive hotels to stay there, so we knew were weren't paying for top-notch lodging, but it served our purposes well.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family of four stayed at Mountain Lodge #334 Jan 2-5th and had an awesome time! I had read previous reviews of Mountain Lodge needed updating, so I carefully reviewed the unit we chose. It was perfect for my group, very modernly decorated, plush king size bed and efficiently supplied kitchen. We don't spend much time in the room anyway except to sleep/eat/shower. Most of our days were spent on the slopes, which Mountain Lodge has the best access to the Ballhooter lift. The front desk clerk won't win any personality contests, but she was able to expedite our check-in from 5pm to 3pm since it was snowing really hard and my 8 yr old was freezing after being on the slopes for 5 hours. We really didn't utilize any of the other amenities at Mountain Lodge, but we did see a game room, restaurant that opens in the evening and lockers at the entrance/exit to the slopes. They also offered movie viewing in one of the common areas and we saw families enjoying that. Wi-Fi was spotty in our unit, but fully available in common areas. Split Rock pools/hot tub building is right across the street, so we took advantage of that as well. Village center is a short 5 minute walk, if that, and we caught the shuttle bus to Silver Creek all 3 nights we were there. Pizza at Cheat Mountain Pizza is great and the staff there super friendly. For the price and location, it was definitely worth staying here and would do so again.

1  Thank Kimberly D
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I would like to start off by saying from reading previous reviews of this lodge, I started to second guess my reservation and was very leery of what I was in for upon arrival. However, to my surprise, the room was quite nice, well taken care of and very clean. The fourier and kitchen floor were a nice laminate, the bedroom was somewhat rustic, the bathroom was nice (a little dated but very clean), the couch and chair were decent and carpet appeared fairly new. The kitchen was also nice along with granite countertops. My boyfriend, myself and our 2 teenage boys stayed here for 3 nights. Now, as for the sleeper sofa, the mattress can really use replacing because that was not comfortable sleep for the boys. I recommend bringing some extra blankets for padding for anyone who might be sleeping in the sofa. A view outside of our balcony overlooked a slope along with a beautiful mountaintop backdrop which was quite nice. On the first floor of this room (overlooking from 3rd floor) was the arcade. This was quite nice if the boys were bored and wanted to be close to the room. Just don't plan to sleep in too late because you may hear the sounds of arcade as early as 8 a.m. but this lodge STRICTLY enforces quiet time from 10 p.m. To 8 a.m. daily. The staff is VERY pleasant and always eager to help from questions you may have in regards to the lodge and it's surrounding area to supplying fresh linens as needed. I highly recommend this lodge for a family friendly stay. Although it may have been a bit of tight quarters with basically 4 adults, it was a very
clean, pleasant stay :-)