“Casual atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
morgantown
“Casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Nice menu includes bar food. I had the trout sandwich-terrific. Live music sometimes.

Visited June 2012

Maryland
“Great food, local beers on tap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stopped here on the advice of nearby hotel owner. While it has a simple menu its still a wide variety. Didn't want a full meal so we got a barbecue chicken pizza. Service was friendly and fast. The employees made me feel like I was a regular. For beer, I had the Mountain State Brewing Oatmeal Stout which is one of my favorites. Would go back again. By the amount of 'locals' frequenting the place you could tell it was no tourist trap.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank lf479
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stopped in with five of my buddies and had a great time. We ordered a couple of pizzas and a variety of other menu items. The food was delicious and the WV beer on tap was a real treat. The evening was highlighted by a reggae band from Florida! Snowshoe needed a place like this, what an improvement from the previous establishments at this location.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank I-Vibes
Lynchburg
“New restaurant offers nice alternative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Most of the restaurants in the Snowshoe area got less than stellar reviews on Trip Advisor, so we decided to give the newly opened Fiddlehead a try. It was opened just a couple of weeks ago by the same folks who own the Elk River Inn, so we hoped that would carry over. My husband had the black bean burger ($9) with fries (you pay $1.95 extra for fries) which he enjoyed. Our son ordered a burger which looked big and juicy and was $13 with the addition of fries, so big it should be. I had a cup of chicken chili and a coconut chicken taco for the most reasonably priced meal of the 3 for a total of $7, but the serving of chili was small with not a piece of bread or a cracker to go with it. The taco was served at room temperature and seemed like they had just pulled a flour tortilla out of a bag, spread a sort of gooey chicken salad on it, and put it into a plastic basket. I rated this restaurant as very good because the rest of my family enjoyed the food, although we all felt that it was overpriced. I would not order my choices again.

• Visited January 2012