“Decent food and service”
Review of Taste of Asia

Taste of Asia
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Sushi, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Description: Our restaurant offers a wide array of Asian dishes, ranging from traditional Chinese Fried Rice, Japanese Sushi, Thai Curry to new style entrees such as Sesame Prawns, Four Season and Seafood Delight.
Winchester, Virginia
“Decent food and service”
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Taste of Asia is a moderately priced restaurant featuring popular Chinese, Japanese and Thai dishes. I appreciated the "healthy" menu, from which I ordered steamed veggies with sauce served on the side. They were done just right. My husband's cashew chicken contained a huge amount of celery, but also plenty of chicken. Other members of our group of 6 seemed satisfied with their food. Our server was a bit disorganized, but she was friendly and got the food to us promptly. A resident of Charleston suggested this place, and we could have done much worse.

1 Thank passinthroo

Laurel, Maryland
“Much better than expected”
Reviewed 3 November 2009

My husband and I took my Mother to Tast of Asia for dinner in October 2009. We all loved the restaurant. It was clean and spacious and the staff was friendly. Most of the menu items were moderately priced, which fit our needs at the time, as we were on a long car trip. When the food arrived it was beautifully arranged and delicious to eat. My shrimp pad thai had more shrimp than I expected, and they were fresh and flavorful. The orange chicken was another of our choices, and it was also very good. This is definitely a place we will return to. There were a number of other customers there who all seemed to be enjoying their meal.

WV
“Taste of Asia in South Charleston is a dissapointment”
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I am trying to be polite here by saying this restaurant was okay.

The service staff was friendly, and the restaurant seemed clean and did not smell fishy.
That was about it!

The green tea we requested came out in a pot with ONE tea bag. It was not brewed with loose leaves and having ONE tea bag for a full pot was insulting. The water was tepid as well.

Then the spring roll came out. I needed a magnifying glass to find the greasy roll.

The sashimi was not bad, but the sushi rolls seemed to have been made with mashed fish. I have never seen anything quite like it.

All in all quite a dissapointment!
I will not go there again.

1 Thank ritabird