We were breaking up a long drive from Virginia Beach and I had researched the area and saw that it was nice. After accidently booking the wrong night at the Hampton Inn, we were desperate for a room at 11:30pm. We were relieved they had a room ... it's in a great area and looked very modern and clean. We got to the room and I immediately noticed the floor hadn't been swept, but with weary kids (&
parents) I decided to overlook it. While my husband was downstairs getting sheets for the pull out couch (no sheets in the room) I checked out the bathroom...a beautiful bathroom, except there was a half used shampoo bottle and soap in the shower and the floor obviously hadn't been swept. I called down to the front desk and she immediately came up and cleaned it herself. She even cleaned the jacuzzi. She was very apologetic. We finally got into bed and I couldn't stand it...the bed had been neatly made but I flipped the light on and checked the bed...sure enough I stopped counting "little hairs" at about 10 and yelled at my husband to get out of the bed. I went downstairs to get new sheets while he took them off the bed. She was apologetic again and offered to change the bed, but I told her the kids were already asleep and I would do it myself. She said she would get me a discount. I was glad to hear that, but I was so upset because if I had been at a Hampton, it would have been free because of their 100% satisfaction guarantee!! I certainly wasn't satisfied. We slept well considering and the breakfast was decent. They did give us a meager discount which was appreciated. Overall, I think the hotel is nice. It seems a housekeeper thought no one would notice if they neatly made the bed and wiped off the bathroom counter!! Glad it was at the end of my trip not the beginning. Moral of story...check everything before you get too comfortable. Even the nicest hotels can have a lazy staff person from time to time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston-Southridge features 84 guest rooms five levels. We are conveniently located between two shopping plazas and two dozen restaurants are nearby. Additionally, we are convenient to downtown Charleston and Yeager Airport. Hotel features include: two meeting rooms equipped with high speed internet access, an indoor pool, hot tub, free local phone calls and a complimentary continental breakfast. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Guest room amenities include: coffee makers, high speed internet access, iron & ironing boards, hairdryers and two phones with two separate phone lines, mini refrigerator and microwave. Visit South Charleston, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge Hotel South Charleston
- Holiday Inn South Charleston
- South Charleston Holiday Inn