“Very Nice, Clean and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Very Nice, Clean and friendly staff”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed overnight for a conference, room was very clean and staff very friendly. Asked for a late check-out and the staff was very accomadating. I did not know there was a beautiful indoor pool, so I did not use it but it would have been very relaxing. Food for breakfast was very good also. I would stay there again. foleytblue

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank foleytblue
scwvexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We so appreciate your comments and we hope to continue to satisfy every guest.
We hope to see you again if you are in the Charleston area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This location provided the quality I have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. A very good place to overnight when traveling. However, DO NOT order a pizza from Slyce. I waited until after 2:00 a.m. for an order made before midnight and never did get my pizza despite having called twice more.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
THANK YOU, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will personally talk to SLYCE about your order but, on their behalf we would to apologize. Thank you again for your feedback.
Pippa Passes, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for 3 nights. It was great! the room was clean, the staff was very friendly, and anything we needed the front desk offered very quickly. The small "kitchen" was a very nice touch, as well as the cleanliness of the bathroom and jacuzzi tub. the bed was also pretty comfortable considering it wasn't home. the building was very secure, and we never had that "oh, crap! This is sketchy!" feeling! Overall, we really love this place and it's now our home away from home when we just need to get away and relax for a few days!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristen R
Hello, sometimes we don't understand them either. I want to thank you for your feedback. All feedback is important to us and it helps us improve and with your review it lets us give ourselves a small pat on the back. I'm so glad you shared your thoughts with us. Thanks again.
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for some local activities. It was convenient and clean! Both required standards for me! Easy access to food and fun. Good local shopping. Only problem is the weekend traffic. I thought I was Black Friday shopping..... Don't know if it was due to the events surrounding or just the fact that it was a Saturday evening. If you can deal with the traffic... Try it! I would do it again!

• Stayed February 2013
Hello, yes the traffic gets a bit crazy on weekends. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback we so appreciate it.
Denver
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We found the hotel common areas to be somewhat dirty - the carpets were worn in the middle and not recently vacuumed. In my room, the clock alarm, which we did not set, woke us up at 5 AM and would not turn off. I had to pull the plug, which was difficult to do since it was behind a heavy fixture. Shortly after I stayed here, a guest died at this hotel in early 2012 due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator are loud.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Dear J M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. My apologies the condition of our property and your room accommodation fell below your expectations. We have taken note of your comments and rest assured that these will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

I am a Road Warrior and have stayed at this property numerous times over the past few years and I can honestly say that it is the nicest Holiday Inn Express that you will find anywhere around.
Updated rooms, excellent location for shopping and dining, ( all within easy walking distance) and the friendliest staff that you will come across. I get greeted by name when I am coming in or leaving for the day everytime.
No worries staying here.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Wildcat1897
Mr. Wildcat,

THANK YOU for such positive comments. It is our goal to make all our happy and I am so glad we succeeded with you. Thanks.
Cleveland
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Fairly typical HIE, but needs attention: walls in the room had been patched, but not painted; deadbolt lock was extremely difficult to close; soap scum in the shower. I expected better for this price. Large room with fridge & microwave.

Many restaurants nearby, but all are lower priced chains (Applebees, etc).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ClevelandJP
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear ClevelandJP,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Katie J
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge? Share your experiences!