“A Nice Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The service is great at this hotel - the friendliest staff I have seen in a while. It is everything you would expect from a HI Express: clean, decent breakfast, friendly staff, and good value. It did have an indoor pool (that I didn't see advertised on the website). This was a pleasant surprise for the kids. The location is also great as it is in a large shopping center near restaurants and stores, and only a few minutes from downtown. The internet worked well and the amenities were all good. My only complaint was that the lobby area was small, making for an odd layout in the breakfast area and a tight fit to the pool with the vending machines in that hallway. A minor complaint to an otherwise pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
scwvexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear kingmba,

I want to sincerely thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your experience. We love to hear that the hotel was everything you expected and the pool was a surprise for your kids. We constantly strive to have all of our guest love our hotel as much as we do. We hope you will return soon.

Linda Porter
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I reserved the room online and thought I was booking for the HIX Civic Center on Kanawha Boulevard, however, when I went to check-in, I realized that my room was booked at the HIX Southridge on RHL Boulevard. The HIX Civic Center was not available at the time I made the reservation, but on the night of my stay, there were quite a few rooms available. However, the reservation I made through Get a Room.com was non-cancellable, so I could not change hotels. Furthermore, the HIX Southridge does not have a shuttle service, so I had to hire a taxi to go to my meeting at the Civic Center.
When I checked in to the Southridge HIX, there was no water. I checked with the front desk and was informed by the manager that it would be back on in about an hour. Approximately 2 hours later the water was still not on and I was told it would be about another hour. The manager was apologetic, very courteous, and even provided free drinking water due to the inconvenience. I went to my meeting at the Civic Center and when I returned later that evening, the water was back on.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank R
scwvexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Frank R,

I want to thank you for staying at our hotel. Many times reservations booked via third party sites can not be cancelled. I want to again apologize about the water situation at our hotel, and thank you for understanding. We hope when you are back in the Charleston area you choose to stay with us.

Linda Porter; Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I used my points for a get away for my wife and I we chose this location for all of the nearby shopping ..we arrived and were greeted by a very friendly gentlemen lobby was clean and well kept room was clean and descent sized, bathroom was clean with a beautiful glass sink which I have never saw in any other HIE great water pressure endless hot water.. was not impressed with chair in the room not comfortable and had very low arms but that wasnt a huge issue now the only real problem was the bed I stay in motels over 200 days a year and stay in HIE on a regular basis and I must say this was the worst and hardest bed I have ever slept on..esp being a HIE I was disappointed usually HIE has the most comfortable beds of anybody..not here this was the worst ever..besides this all was good... people, breakfast and cleanliness..I would probably not stay here again unless speaking with manager first to see if mattress' have been replaced with standard HIE mattress...

Room Tip: I would check mattress comfortability before taking room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
scwvexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear teamster175,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. I am glad to hear you were happy with the hotel with the exception of the beds. Guest feedback is greatly appreciated; we learn and improve because of what guest share. Again, thanks for your review.

Sincerely, Linda Porter, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My room was amazing. Huge bed, huge tv, desk....everything was clean!I As a woman traveling alone I felt very safe. Breakfast was amazing. I'll definitely stay here again.

I checked out the pool but didn't use it. VERY quiet hotel - I didn't see anyone but the parking lot was almost full.

Check in was very easy and the man working was very pleasant, nice and helpful. Checkout took about 5 seconds.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
scwvexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello Jennifer B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We are delighted to hear your good words regarding our hotel We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. Sincerely Linda Porter; Guest Service Manager; Holiday Inn Express & Suites South Charleston, WV

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very happy with everything about this stay. The staff was outstanding and the room was very clean and well appointed. The free breakfast was nice and well-stocked. They have complimentary cookies and snacks throughout the day and plenty of newspapers to grab on your way out. The gym was small but had everything we needed. The pool is closed for renovation, but I wasn't interested in using that anyway. The location is fantastic, and while there is no restaurant on site, the Longhorn steakhouse next door was excellent. I was very pleased with this hotel, and even though it is a little farther off the highway that I would like, the convenience of having so many food options and shopping all within walking distance is really great. It is one of the few hotels in Charleston that is not loud at night due to highway or train noise, and I have stayed at close to every hotel in the city. I slept like a rock for once. I will stay here in the future on every business trip.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We are delighted to hear your good words regarding our hotel being in a superb location, helpful staff and clean rooms. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. Sincerely, Linda Porter; Guest Service Manager; South Charleston, WV

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nice location for a one-night stay. Near the highway and lots of shopping and restaurants. Only a ten-minute drive from Downtown Charleston. Stopped here for an unplanned overnight, they manager was very accomadating and offered me a premium rates because of how late I arrived. Very helpful. Rooms were clean and in good order. No construction occur on the premises. All staff were cordial and helpful. Breakfast was also pretty good! I would definitely use this facility again!

Room Tip: First floor was nice and easily accessible. I would ask for a room closer to the front of the buildi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Ashley L,

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is easy! Jim, Mia, Michael, LORIA, the bartenders and everyone must have been trained at Ritz Carlton for nice people! i told the GM that the next time we bring our 250 group in, we are a lock. Embassy Suites downtown no more. Your people can't compare and our participants are raped by that ludicrous 12 dollar parking fee. #knowyoureconomy! really? what is so special about that scank garage? Welcome Holiday! Good by Embassy!! Many more thousands to book!!! See you soon!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed G
scwvexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank You So Much. It is all about the people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in South Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge? Share your experiences!