“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Would recommend this hotel, it has great amenties and awesome hotel staff, have stayed in a lot of IHG properties and this one in this area is the best! Rooms are clean and comfortable. Awesome area!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris T
scwvexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Chris T,

I was so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I want to thank you for staying with us and all of our IHG hotels. I am glad you were happy with all the amenities and that the staff made your stay wonderful. We hope to welcome you back when you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here once before and the review wasn't so good because of a billing issue. I stayed here again over the weekend and it was very nice. Only one guy in check in, very nice and professional. The room was very modern and clean. The hotel smelled clean, which is a plus for me. Best thing was the shower, the water pressure was great with a large shower head. The TV was big too. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good, no special tips needed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LouAnnJustice11
scwvexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear LouAnnJustice11,

I was so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay the second time around. I want to thank you for giving us another chance, it is our goal to make all of our guest happy. I hope to see you again soon. Thank you again.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were just traveling through & stayed here over one evening on points. The hotel staff was friendly, the room was clean with a comfortable bed. The breakfast was typical for HIE. The hotel was located a little off of our path, but worth it. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank muchfuntravelin
scwvexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Muchfuntravelin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We are delighted to hear your good words regarding our hotel's staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you.

Guest Service Manager; South Charleston, WV

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family has stayed at several hotels in Charleston, normally in the downtown area. This was the first time we stayed in South Charleston and will definitely return. While this hotel is a short, 10 minute drive to Laidley Field, the Civic Center and the mall, it is also surrounded by much shopping and restaurant choices, including the Longhorn Steakhouse right next door. The rooms were clean, beds very comfortable (including four pillows on each bed), the showers refreshing. The complimentary breakfast was hotel standard, but still a very convenient start to our full days at the state high school championship track meet. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and out was smooth. The HI Express-Southridge is definitely our new go-to hotel when in the Charleston area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GoMountaineers85

Dear Gomountaineers85,

Thank you!!!!!! I am so glad to hear that our hotel is now your favorite place to stay when in Charleston. I am really glad to hear that all aspects of the hotel were to your liking. We all work very hard to give great service and product to our guest and it warms my heart to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. We all love our hotel and we are happy to hear you loved your experience with us. We look forward to having you back hopefully for your next track meet.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites; S. Charleston, WV

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My family just finished up a 6 day trip from Georgia to Canada, and this hotel was our first stop en route.
We have agreed that it was the best hotel experience we had on the trip.
Front desk/check in/check out: Friendly, efficient, and the clerk went out of his way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. He was able to take care of a room situation that was my fault during booking, which was unbelievably helpful after 8 hours on the road with 2 small children. He also changed us to a ground floor room at my request to facilitate dragging in luggage for 4 people. He made sure to fill me in completely concerning breakfast and the swimming pool. We also received 2 bottles of water for being Platinum members.
Room: The room was quite large (2 Queen Beds on the ground floor). We found the beds to be comfortable, the bedding to be more than sufficient, and as always we love the variety of pillows.
In room amenities: The fridge was wonderful to have available. And can I just say that I immediately ordered the same shower head found in the bathroom when I returned home? Plenty of towels and I loved the unique sink.
Cleanliness of room: Room was sparkly clean.
Hotel amenities: The indoor heated pool was wonderful after a long drive. No jacuzzi. The pool was an excellent temperature and very clean. There were some rowdy teenage boys in the pool while we were there, but these things happen and are not reflection on the hotel.I loved that the exercise room was separated from the pool facility by a large window, so my husband was able to work out while still being able to see us. Pool towels were abundant.
Breakfast: Plentifully stocked with multiple options, we enjoyed breakfast immensely. This hotel did not contain the famous pancake maker that I have read so much about (unless I missed it), but you couldn't ask for a better variety of milk, fruit, cereal, eggs, bagels, etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
scwvexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Lauren P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We are delighted to hear your good words regarding our hotel being in a superb location, helpful staff and clean rooms. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.
Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Great place! Truly hospitable staff.

They seem to have put a lot of money back into this property.

I booked a suite and it was above average, for a Holiday Inn. Very nice!

Make sure you request a room on the opposite end of the building from the RR tracks unless you have a train fetish.

My room was in the middle of the building and noise was not an issue.

Awesome pool and a free breakfast Buffett!

I highly recommend this place. I would rate it a 5/5 within the HI brand if the location was better.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
scwvexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear UnitedMillionMiller,

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how we did during your recent stay with us. I am so glad you noticed our changes and enjoyed the hotel. We sincerely appreciate you kind words and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here 1 night on business. This is the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've ever encountered. Front desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Located in a great and convenient part of South Charleston. Room was in great shape. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
scwvexpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hello STLtraveldave,

I was so excited to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I also think we are the best Holiday Inn Express; but I am biased. I am glad our staff was helpful and the room met all of your expectations. I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to let us know . We hope if you are in the Charleston area in the future please stay with us again.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites; Charleston, WV

Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Cross Lanes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge? Share your experiences!