“Save your time and money - do not go here.”

Hibachi Japanese Steak House
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your time and money - do not go here.”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stay away, do not come here!!! Called 5 days in advance for a reservation on New Year Eve for 7 people. Once we arrived, we had to wait well over an hour after our reservation time. Hostess was very rude. As we waited, other customers were complaining that their waitress had not been seen in over 30 minutes, this displays horrible management, business practices, and customer service. This place should go out of business!!!

1 Thank sarahjavins

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely horrible!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Food had no taste at all. It must have been undercooked as well as I'm still sick three days later. The place being empty should have been a sign.

1 Thank Brahmabull9
Charleston, West Virginia
“Best ambiance in the valley”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

As a return patron, I enjoy the atmosphere and entertainment value of this establishment. Food is fresh and prepared in front of you - VERY GOOD FARE. Not the cheapest place to eat but worth the price for those special occasions.

• Visited March 2012
Charleston, WV
“Saw waitress when taking order and getting check”
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I asked for a refill and she put my drink in a styrofoam cup ...I guess that's their way of telling us to leave .. Well we did and won't be back. The taste of Asia in teays valley could teach these people a thing or two about service. Don't waste your time or money !

1 Thank masseytravels
Charleston, West Virginia
“Stick to classic hibachi menu and it will be okay”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff here is really good. The chef guys are fun and funny, the waitresses are on top of things. My children love the entertainment that comes with having food prepared in front of them with all the hilarious stunts. That said, we went last night for a birthday dinner (13-year-old's choice) and left with full bellies but somewhat unsatisfied palates. The appetizers ranged from blah to awful. Our spicy tuna was not juicy like we're used to and I'm thinking they may not even have been just prepared. My son's fried crab appetizer was inedible. They salads were bagged iceberg with one tomato and cucumber slice. Luckily, the lackluster veggies were topped with a huge amount of their fantastic homemade salad dressing so we gobbled it right up. The main course (among us we had sirloin, chicken, and tofu) were all very good, I wish they could use a lighter hand on the sauce without forsaking flavor, but still we enjoyed our main courses very much. Did not realize there is a $1.75 upcharge for each order of noodles instead of rice, so I will get rice from now on as the noodles definitely aren't worth it.

• Visited April 2012