“Mostly good Mexican food”

Los Agaves Mexican restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Portage, Indiana
“Mostly good Mexican food”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stopped for a night at a motel in Charleston,WV on our way to Williamsburg, VA. We asked for directions to nearby restaurants. We decided on Los agaves which was less than a block from our motel. The interior of the restaurant was nicely appointed with typical Mexican decor, but it was a lovely evening and we decided to eat outside on the patio. we both decided to order the fajitas and a medium size strawberry margarita. A couple pieces of the meat in my fajitas were a little grisly, but my husband said his was all tender. The Spanish rice had an unusual taste and after one or two forkfuls I let it go. As usual there was way too much food to finish, and since we had an insulated bag with us with ice packs we took the leftovers to go and enjoyed it the next day on the road for lunch. The margaritas were quite delicious reminding me of the margaritas we enjoy in Cancun. Service was quick and friendly and we will go back if in the area again.

• Visited September 2013

Ohio
“If you like mexican this is one of the best!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I love Mexican my husband not so much. It was recommend by the hotel we were staying at and it was with in walking distance. Wonderful that just sum it up!! My husband even said "wow I really enjoyed my meal and loved the price!!" Great atmosphere, service and prices. I wish we had something like this in our area, but we will go back when we are in the area again!
The food was fresh and cooked to order. Salsa and chips are served when you sit down and it was one of the best salsa I have had. I almost was embarrassed because I ate every bit of it. My husband doesn't care for salsa but ate the chip none stop!! It is just a great place to enjoy a good meal with out breaking the pocket book!

• Visited September 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Best Mexican in the Valley”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

As regulars to this eatery, my wife and I agree with the general consciences of the local residents' who vote this as the Best Mexican in the area year after year. Clean, comfortable, and reasonable priced, the menu fare is prepared with attention rather than apathy. If the kids want burgers & fries, they will accommodate when asked. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is the staff is rather transient and sometimes you have to bear with the trainee servers who rarely understand the English language. The ambiance is very nice - not a strip-mall location but rather a stand alone building with huge parking lot. Great Value and Very Good Food - but we really miss Jose'.

• Visited August 2013
Berea, Kentucky
“Outside not much, inside great”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We walked to the restaurant from our hotel, approaching it from the back. It looked a little run down and crowded in an industrial / storage type area, but we went inside anyway. Their prices and proportions could not be beat. My daughter and I shared my meal and I still had some leftover. It is obviously a popular place in the area because though there are large inside and outside dining areas, the place was packed. For how busy they were, the service was quick and friendly

Visited August 2013
Madison, WI
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We got take out from this restaurant while staying at a nearby hotel. Service was fast and friendly and the food was delicious!

• Visited July 2013