“Prepare to be pampered”
Review of The Arnott House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spencer
The Arnott House
Ranked #1 of 2 Spencer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Dilya and Greg have turned the historic Arnott House into a delightful, and affordable stay in the heart of Spencer. We have stayed there several times over the past two years and should have posted a review much sooner. Dilya cooks a fantastic breakfast to order every morning. Everything is prepared fresh, and her cooking skills are outstanding! The rooms are right out of the early 20th century, but have all been modernized for comfort. There are plenty of rooms on the ground floor but we preferred to stay in the more charming ones up the stairs in the main house. There is always plenty of off street parking, and all of the rooms are well insulated from normal street noise. Most importantly, Greg and Dilya make always make you feel like one of the family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank roystotts

Reviewed 30 July 2012

What a wonderful experience my wife and I had at the Arnott house last week! Greg and Dilya are superb hosts! The accomodations were comfortable and unpretentious; we really had the impression that we were at home. Best of all are the proprietors. Both are warm , friendly and lively. We had wonderful conversations with them both.Dilya cooks up delicious Russian specialties for breakfast, not exactly what we would have expected in Spencer We were in Spencer to visit family; as it turns out, we left having made new friends as well.

Room Tip: we chose a downstairs room to avoid stairs
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenneth C
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and i stayed there July 13 and 14 2012, what a wonderful place, so clean and nice. I will stay again when we come back to spencer. Thank you Dilya for a warm friendly breakfast you are a dear.
Janie and William Burkett

Room Tip: If you need a place to stay this is the place!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JanieWinesBurkett
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This was my families' first B&B experience. Dilya was the best host a person could ask for. She was so flexible and willing to help us with anything that we needed. We were here for a funeral and had to change our plans a few times. She went right along with it. If fact here being so nice and flexible relieved some of the stress of attending a family funeral. The house was beautiful and very clean. When I return here to visit I will be staying here again. I would highly recommend it!! This is much nicer than the motel here in town and only slightly more expensive.
If you go to Spencer, WV and have to stay you better stay at the ARNOTT HOUSE!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was my very first experience in a B&B. I actually didn't know what to expect. The proprietors, Dilya and Greg treated us like family from the very first moment of our arrival. Our room was clean and comfortable. The made to order breakfast was delicious. If I'm ever in that part of the country again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My stay at Arnott was great. The room was clean and all basic essentials were provided. The house is older home but very comfortable. The staff was friendly and eager to make us feel right at home. The breakfast was fantastic. You place your order the night before and in the morning you can smell your breakfast being cooked. If you are in the area worth checking out and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2011

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. If I was feeling good that evening in the morning after Delia's breakfast I felt like I could just move in an stay . I recommend the French toast, the pancakes, the everything omelet and of course the baycon and sausages. The only danger to our stay was my waist line.

• Stayed: October 2011

Been to The Arnott House? Share your experiences!