“Good food - friendly atmosphere!”
Review of TownSquare Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

TownSquare Cafe & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: bakery,resturaunt, catering featuring WV Artisan Foods
Description: bakery,resturaunt, catering featuring WV Artisan Foods
West Virginia
“Good food - friendly atmosphere!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were at the Town Square Cafe & Restaurant for pasta night, and everything we tried was delicious! I was in town for a conference and will definitely return when I'm back in the area! We were extremely pleased!

• Visited July 2012

Lexington, Kentucky
“Adorable atmosphere, excited to visit. Left disappointed”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We were driving 9 hours yesterday from Washington DC to Lexington, KY and had been using city guides our entire vacation for tour and restaurant trips we had been thrilled with the results the entire time until yesterdays visit to the Town Square Cafe.

We pulled into the restaurant at 7pm on a Saturday and the entire place was empty, we were worried it was closed, but the signs indicated that they were open and when we walked in a server came out from the back and told us to grab a seat anywhere we wanted. I was really excited, because the place was really adorable, kitschy and chic with a lot of emphasis on fresh and local in their signage (in my experience this leads to excellent food). It was packed to the brim with decor everywhere.

We had a server come out and ask us what we'd like to drink: regular tea, sweet tea and an orange soda were ordered while we looked at the menus. There were so many amazing looking things on the menus, and they really talked a good game. I saw things, I don't normally see in the W.V. area (pierogies, for example) and couldn't wait to try the food. She came back a few minutes later and we decided to stick with relatively lighter fare as we still had a 4+ hour drive ahead of us. My husband got an italian style panini with french fries, I got their philly cheasesteak (not for the light hearted, according to their menu), and my older son ordered a meatball sub. Before I could order something for my 2 year old the server started to walk away, and I had to catch her and put in an order of sweet potato fries. Our food came out aboiut 20 minutes later and all three of our sandwiches were slightly warmed on the outside and cold all the way through the middle. None of our cheese was even fully melted. My husbands frenchfries were cooked and oil-logged, they still needed time in the fryer. They had gotten to the consistancy of a mashed potato, and were distgusting. Our 2 year old's sweet potato fries weren't bad, there just wasn't any kind of seasoning on them at all, and my 12 year old's meatball sub was lacking any sauce. We were each given a pickle spear that looked like it had been out all day. We weren't offered a single refill on our beverages, we weren't given any utensils or napkins and the only thing we got in a timely manner was the bill.

They did ask us how the food was. My husband said not good, I checked in with them on facebook and let them know it was terrible there as well. We don't eat fast food, we don't eat at chain restaurants, when we eat out we like to eat fresh and local. On a 9 hour drive, we purposely drove out of the way looking for decent quality food to eat, and this was not it. Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited July 2012
Wild Wonderful West Virginia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We live in the area and stopped in for lunch one day while in downtown Sutton. It is a lovely little restaurant....clean and comfortable. The server was friendly but trying a little too hard (less is more). The menu is huge! It's almost exhausting (less is more!) So we decided to keep it simple and go with the specials of the day. Oh my. I had roasted potato soup with 1/2 bacon sandwich. The soup was luke-warm, bland and had the consistency of cream of wheat with a couple pieces of potato thrown in. I get the feeling it was previously frozen and re-heated. My sandwich had 2 pieces of paper thin bacon (the pre-cooked heat and serve type) and I was charged 50 cents extra to add tomato to my scrawny little 1/2 sandwich. My spouse had a greek variety platter....again, bland and the eggplant was tough and rubbery. At $8 a pop for our lunches (before drinks), we were pretty disappointed in the quality of what we received. Please work on your menu and food....frozen or heated-over gourmet-style just doesn't work. Simplify and serve fresh. Because this area could definitely use more good places to eat outside of fast food, and we get tired of Shoneys.

• Visited May 2012
pleasantpassenger, Owner at TownSquare Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
We do have a large selection of sandwiches and salads we make them fresh to order our entrees are limited except for our pasta again made to order most run under
that being said We are sorry you had a bad experience we serve hundred of people that love our food but sometimes its not what was expected every week we have a fantastic Buffet the week you came we had the greek buffet with rave reviews unfortunatly it was not to your taste and thats makes us sad we would love to have you back to show you what we can do -of course lunch will be on us
Bob and Tamara
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We recently went to the Everything Fiesta store at the Flatwoods Outlet area. Visited this site to check out restaurants prior to leaving. We like to visit local businesses rather than restaurant chains. I have been to the Sutton area before during a convention and wanted to try somewhere new this time.

The menu includes lots of options, but neither of our selections were good. The appetizer wasn't very tasty either- how do you mess up garlic bread? It had a weird taste, couldn't quite figure it out. I believe the owners were in that evening with one being the waitress. Both were very nice and friendly. I don't know if we would visit again. Maybe just to see if another choice would be better.

• Visited February 2012
pleasantpassenger, Owner at TownSquare Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Just read your review i'm sorry you didn;t find your meals as wonderful has you should
i want to apoligize and would like you to try us again
we would be happy to comp you - regarding the garlic bread it is deep fried and very popular but again i'm sorry that you didn;t enjoy it
please come by again has our guest
sincerly
Tamara And Bob
Comfort, West Virginia
“Don't miss this place!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We have now eaten at the Town Square twice, and definitely plan on making it a habit whenever we are in the area. The food is fabulous, prepared by an actual chef, and quite reasonably priced. The choice of entrees is almost limitless, and the hospitality is as great as the food! We have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on both occasions, and recommend the Town Square to everyone we see. Be sure to check out the craft areas upstairs - they are as interesting as the food!

• Visited February 2012