“Clean ,peacefull and secure”

Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Reviewed 28 July 2014

There nothing but excellent ratings in this place.This hotel sits at the top of hill and surrounded by trees .Its in a remote area and very quiet.Its far enough from the interstate and major road so noise isnt an issue.Its very clean and respectable.Were heading south to Florida and we all had a good sleep and very good breakfast.The breakfast is included in the price and the women in the breakfast area were very helpful and kept things in good working order.Plenty of breakfast food for all.Book here with no hesitation.This place also has nightly security in the parking lot.Were from Woodbridge(vaughan) Ontario Canada and i would highly recommend this too all travelers heading on both directions off the interstate 79.

Room Tip: I would always take the 2nd floor or further up due to lobby traffic away from elevators,ice machine...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We needed to travel from Charleston WV to Cowen, WV to pick up kids from Church camp so my Husband and I decided to make a overnight trip out of it. we are not frequent travelers but we were amazed at the room and its comfort and cleanliness. it was above and beyond anything we have ever stayed in. indoor pool and hot tub outdoor pool overlooking the valley (outlet mall) workout room.
and breakfast was awesome could not have asked for better. Oh and everyone was very helpful and polite. hands down this is a place we would return to. all in all impressive!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I come to this hotel often just just get away and it feels like home.... My son is autistic so the indoor pool is a huge plus and the hotel itself is very clean the staff is very helpful in all your needs the food is great and the private balcony is the only way to go in my book :-) try this place out you will not regret it. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As a professional travel planner, I constantly inspect for issues at any hotel I use. While the property is old, the fact that this is a full service Days Inn is remarkable. If you are looking for a Ritz Carlton, don't stay here. After reading the review of the traveler who had "bugs", (after checking in - I am amazed at the lack of rooms available in this region), we stripped bedding to check - no sign. The air conditioning is noisy and I think we were above the restaurant so the smells of food preparation wafted up - but for one night it works. I've stayed in other properties that were much more expensive and had more observations.

Room Tip: Second floor end of Hallway has odors from restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TrvlMstr32
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed there over the weekend and we're so pleased with our entire experience. I rarely write reviews but we enjoyed our stay so much I had to write one. The friendliness of the staff was superb! They were so accomadating and helpful. The restaurant has an amazing prime rib as well as free breakfast. The hotel had so much to do like both pools, gym, bar and an awesome outdoor area... we were so satisfied that anytime we go back to WV this is where we will stay... thank you for making our stay so nice!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 22 June 2014

While driving from Arkansas to Pennsylvania had planned to top in Charleston for the night - and of all crazy things - no rooms anywhere! Turns out - Elton John was playing there! So - we called and called looking for a room - finally found this place well north of Charleston. We checked in at 1:00 am - the woman and the desk was very cheery, helpful & pleasant. The price was reasonable. The room was clean. And the bed was very comfortable. This days hotel was a sight for sore, tired eyes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SusanCBM
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The guest room had bugs in it. I woke up after the first night with bug bites on my ankle. One afternoon, when I went to take a nap on the bed, I felt something crawling on me, but it was too late, the bug bit my chest. I reached inside my shirt to grab and squash the insect. I found more of these black bugs crawling on the inside of the room's sliding glass door. The a/c cycled on and off irregularly. The room was usually too hot. I slept terribly. The sink in the bathroom is worn and stained; it must be 30+ years old. The interior side of the bathroom door is warping, the veneer is peeling up from years of moisture. It must also be 30+ years old. The shower stall wallpaper is roughly caulked from when the shower curtain rod was changed out to the new "modern" curved style. At breakfast, they blast scratchy rock music from overhead speakers. The coffee is from a machine which mixes some sort of coffee powder or extract with hot water. It's unpleasant tasting. The powdered eggs are nasty. I took one bite and stopped. The make-your-own waffles taste like glue. Again, it took one bite to figure that out.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 2014_Road_Warrior
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gassaway/Sutton
Stonewall Resort
Stonewall Resort
#1 of 1 in Roanoke
Cafe Cimino Country Inn

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods? Share your experiences!