“Still Good”

Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We've stayed here several times. The rooms are great. We had one facing the road so we had a great view of the mountain sunsets and a balcony we could sit on to watch the bats at night. The buffet food this time wasn't as good as on previous visits. Not sure why but guess it's because there weren't as many people at the hotel as on previous visits and the food stayed out longer. We tended to go quite late - 30 minutes before closing- and it had lost it's luster. We'll probably stay here again, but may be looking for someplace else to eat - although that may be a tall order because I don't think there's much else around.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, but don't leave the door open at night - too much road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

this is an excellent hotel.. sitting on a hill so you can look at the mountains. the breakfast room has a glass wall so you can look at the scenery while you are enjoying a great breakfast. food was good service was good.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room. I love balconys
Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've stayed in this hotel many times. Rooms are always clean and look brand new. The pool always seems to sparkle with clarity. CLEAN-CLEAN-CLEAN!!!Always the best!

I do wish they would reconsider their smoking policies. However, they do make certain areas to accommodate the smoking class.
Their breakfast in the past has always made the stay here just like home! However this last time
the hotel was booked very full and I don't think they could keep up with the demands. I also think some guest at the hotel would be more considerate about taking what the will eat and not stock up their kids plates just because it's a free breakfast. I also think if they changed the set-up to the ala-cart line would be more help full. Maybe switch the hot food items first and then the cold along with the plates and silverware at the beginning of the line. To many locations to retrieve breakfast. Maybe try and combine them so visitors aren't walking all over the place trying to find items. This would make breakfast go a little faster with less confusion. Not to mention (no silverware) available as I was getting my plate. As I went back to retrieve my silverware another guest just moved my plate to the side and took mine and my husbands table. However, this guest was a family so I pleasantly moved to another table that became available. This guest could clearly see that this was a fresh plate of food and was just rude. I still believe this could have been avoided if the breakfast layout was setup to make it more convenient for your guest. Maybe plates and ware first and have all cold milk, juice, yogurts, etc. together at the end. Also have coffee and hot water and hot cereals and teas together. Anyway still by far the best morning breakfast offered by any facilities. Keep up the great work!!!

Room Tip: The highway is on the balcony side and the trucks can be a little loud. Doesn't bother me it'...
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a family get together and stayed 2 nights here. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly. The morning breakfast was a hot buffet and provided more food choices than most hotels.
Our beds were softer than we are used to so we didn't sleep the best but we just prefer firmer mattresses.
I would recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

There nothing but excellent ratings in this place.This hotel sits at the top of hill and surrounded by trees .Its in a remote area and very quiet.Its far enough from the interstate and major road so noise isnt an issue.Its very clean and respectable.Were heading south to Florida and we all had a good sleep and very good breakfast.The breakfast is included in the price and the women in the breakfast area were very helpful and kept things in good working order.Plenty of breakfast food for all.Book here with no hesitation.This place also has nightly security in the parking lot.Were from Woodbridge(vaughan) Ontario Canada and i would highly recommend this too all travelers heading on both directions off the interstate 79.

Room Tip: I would always take the 2nd floor or further up due to lobby traffic away from elevators,ice machine...
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We needed to travel from Charleston WV to Cowen, WV to pick up kids from Church camp so my Husband and I decided to make a overnight trip out of it. we are not frequent travelers but we were amazed at the room and its comfort and cleanliness. it was above and beyond anything we have ever stayed in. indoor pool and hot tub outdoor pool overlooking the valley (outlet mall) workout room.
and breakfast was awesome could not have asked for better. Oh and everyone was very helpful and polite. hands down this is a place we would return to. all in all impressive!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gassaway/Sutton
Stonewall Resort
Stonewall Resort
#1 of 1 in Roanoke
Cafe Cimino Country Inn

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods? Share your experiences!