“Close to everything, pretty clean and friendly”

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Triadelphia
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Weirton, West Virginia
“Close to everything, pretty clean and friendly”
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Stayed there for the first time over Valentine's Day weekend. I'm used to staying at Hilton's so I expected the worst here. But the staff was very friendly. The pool had a hot tub and was open. The breakfast wasn't too bad for a small hotel. Sure the room wasn't a four star, but it's not supposed to be. I was pleasantly surprised how clean the room was, even bathroom! I'd stay there again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2009

As the title says...we found bugs in one bed and a dirty sock in the other. Do I need to say more?

• Stayed December 2009
2 Thank WindsorTenor
Meadville, PA
Reviewed 1 August 2009

After posting my initial review of this place, I figured I was finished. However, after being contacted by American Express, and around $4000 in unauthorized charges for online gambling sites (among other things) I felt I needed to make others aware. Our card number was somehow taken and used, and the credit card company tracked it to this hotel. We save that particular credit card for certain things, and this hotel was the only place that had had access to it in months. I am sure the hotel itself had nothing to do with this matter, but you might want to be very careful.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank julibeth
Toronto
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My family stayed here for part of the first week of July with my son's baseball team for the "Beast of the East" tournament. The best thing I can say about this place is that it was conveniently located just off the highway and close to a relatively new shopping development with a VERY large Cabela's, JC Penny, Target, Kohl's, Best Buy, a movie theatre and several restaurants. The room rates seemed high compared to other Comfort Inns, and one family in our group who travels frequently thought that the rates were excessively high compared to other Comfort Inns which were much newer and better maintained. We chalked up the high rates to taking advantage of the tournament. There was a breakfast room off the lobby, and the highlight was the waffle maker. Other options were cereal, muffins, toast, coffee, milk, and juice, and chilled (and shelled) hard boiled eggs. The rooms were not cleaned well. In the 6 inch gap between our air conditioner and the wall, there was at least several months of dust and cobwebs. Another guest observed as the same cleaning cloth that was used to wipe the toilet seat, was then used to wipe the bathroom counter. Sadly (for me), it's not the worst place I've ever stayed at, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it to a friend. There also was a computer in the lobby which was available for guest use to access the internet.

• Stayed July 2009
the Burbs of Pittsburgh
Reviewed 30 July 2008

I satyed here New Year's Eve night 2006 going into 2007. So I decided to stay again this past New Years 2007 going into 2008. I stayed in the suite this time with the heart shaped hot tub in it. The hot tub was a bit smaller than I expected it to be, but I still took advantage of it while I was there. I had to add hot water to it occasionally to heat it back up. But it was a good time. I still took advantage of the indoor pool they have down there also.

Hotel staff was still pretty friendly. There was one employee, I think he might have been a maintenance guy or something, I'm not exactly sure, that seemed to have started celebrating the New Year a little bit early when I saw him in the hallway. It was no big deal, I actually thought it was funny. He think that he was probably off the clock already by that point and was just hanging around for the party. Just like last year, there was a New Years party at the hotel. There was a buffet again, a live band, and again champagne was passed out again right before midnight so everyone could toast each other. However, this year everyone had to pay a cover charge of like $5 I think to get in...even the guests of the hotel...unlike last year. It was a fun party. One of the best things about it was watching the people who were really partying dancing around and stuff.

The hotel itself is in pretty good condition. There was still an excellent breakfast in the morning and the hotel is right down the street from Cabellas and a Target and a handfull of restaurants. It looked like that little shopping area was growing also.

I was still very satisfied with this hotel and my stay here. I will stay here again for sure whenever I go down to the Wheeling Islands casino again. This is certainly a better hotel than the Wheeling Inn. We had satyed there a few years ago and didn't have the best experience there as we could have.

• Liked — Excellent breakfast layout, New Year's Eve Party, Hot Tub in the Room
  • Stayed December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Amy_F_00
Southeast
Reviewed 1 October 2007

We found things here that we didn't find at Hampton Inn for 1/3 the cost.

Hot tub, pool, exercise room, laundry, hot water, breakfast, friendly clerks, large room with refrig, microwave, desk, free WI FI and wired, table, lay-back stuffed chair, nice dresser, clean.

What more could one ask for $63? I think it's a great bargain!

• Liked — Huge number of rooms available
  • Disliked — No elevator to the second floor
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ggranny
Northern NJ, USA
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We stayed at this hotel twice, going back and forth to relatives' house for Memorial Day weekend. So we saw two different rooms. The room overall was pretty good. The carpeting appeared quite new and clean, the bedding and mattresses were quite new, and the wallpaper and curtains looked good. But then as we "used" the room, we discovered all the problems with it. There were two missing lightbulbs. The carpet had not been thoroughly vacuumed and there were crumbs near the bedside table (that's a function of the fact that they use upright vacuums and don't have an attachment). There were three towels and four of us (housekeeping was in the hall and gave us another). The sink had hair along the rim. The toilet had NASTY stains on it. Not housekeeping's fault -- that toilet seat was years old and needed replacing, it had a nasty yellow stain. Yeccchh! The bathroom door had one coat of nasty-mustard-color paint on it and needed another -- or better yet, a different color. In the other room we stayed in, the paint was all peeling off the bathroom door. The dresser in the other room we stayed in was all scratched up in different spots and looked awful.

The pool is only a year old, but they were doing repairs to the ceiling -adding insulation and stucco -- so we couldn't swim. Then when we checked back later, the water was cloudy, meaning the chemicals were not balanced. (If you want to swim, you have to tell the staff so they can pull the cover off. They want to keep the heat in the pool.) When we swam on our return trip, we noticed the grout of the pool is all moldy. And I kept getting hair stuck on my hand with every stroke I swam. Yeccch.

Still, the hotel is not bad. It's very convenient to the highway -- like 10 feet away -- and the Tunnel closure on the highway does not affect access to the hotel. (May 2007) We asked for and received rooms on the non-highway side, and the traffic noise was actually not bad, the windows must be super-insulated.

We found the breakfast to be fine -- make your own Belgian waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, Krispy Kreme donuts, English muffins, reg. muffins, milk, apple or oj, and the lady who stocks it was so nice and friendly. The other staff we encountered was fine too.

The Cabelas mentioned in the other review is a sporting goods store. You really have to visit it! It's HUGE, close by, and has a taxidermy "zoo" that should not be missed. There is a 30 foot mountain with stuffed (real) animals, and waterfalls, tons of camping equipment, murals, a cafe, really, you should visit it, it's amazing. Also close by are a fireworks store (they share a parking lot with the hotel), Bob Evans, McDonalds, Applebees, Cheddars is being built at this writing, and I think Wendys. Very close, say 5 min. drive.

Families with small children should note, these beds are the newer, HIGH beds, and if your child is prone to falling out of bed like mine is, s/he will have trouble, it's a loooong way down. Further, the pool has a marble tile rim which is VERY slippery on wet feet. The hotel provided two life jackets for young swimmers. (But FYI there is no lifeguard on duty.) Further, the pool is indoors, but I think the room is an addition, and so there is a conference room with huge windows that overlooks the pool. There are curtains on the windows but I wouldn't want to hear pool noises when I was trying to sit through a seminar, and conversely that's a little creepy to think my young ones might be watched from the next room, just my two cents. Also please note, I'm pretty sure every room has a microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker, and fridge, which may wake little ones but can be easily unplugged. There is a desk and chair in the room, plus a recliner or table and chairs. High-speed internet access is I think free.

We paid $76 including tax for our room which I thought was quite reasonable considering the indoor pool, the convenient location (right off of Route 70), and the breakfast.

• Liked — Convenience to the highway
  • Disliked — The run down details like toilet seats, lamp shades, paint, pool grout
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank I_love_baking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Triadelphia
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 8 in Triadelphia
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
SpringHill Suites Wheeling

Been to Comfort Inn Triadelphia? Share your experiences!