Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My daughter, grandson and I stayed here December 13th. We checked in and were given written to the Festival of Lights at Oglebay. which was the reason we were there. When we returned and settled in we realized what a wonderful room we had. After a good nights sleep we had breakfast downstairs and my daughter and grandson went swimming. Both the pool and hot tub had seats that would lower a handicapped person into the water. My grandson was ready to stay another night but I had only made the reservation for one night. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel is nice however I went to lay down after a long day of work and looked up and there are bugs all over my ceiling; about ten to fifteen. I called the front desk and they said "yes I know we are being invaded by lady bugs". So if you don't mind sleep with bugs then it's a decent hotel. However of you prefer to not have lady bugs swarming around your ceiling right above your bed then I would chose something else!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank bkdewyze
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Bksheehan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us.

We are concerned to read that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the bugs and for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness.

It is our hotel's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 October 2013

In the Wheeling area for some r&r and chose this hotel because of it proximity to so very many great things to do. This place is awesome. The room is very nice. Hotel is clean and quiet. Absolutely hands down...a very nice place to stay. For the money you just cant go wrong. Enjoy, and have some fun!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Hotel is very new and conveniently located to local attractions and plenty of eateries. Family was staying at Oglebay, and we were worried that it would be quite a drive to meet up with them. That turned out not to be the case -- very quick and rather easy drive to downtown Wheeling and Oglebay. There is a huge, new shopping center just 2 minutes from this Hotel -- quite convenient for food and department stores (if needed). Room was clean and modern, staff was friendly, and breakfast was basic mix of a few hot choices and lots of carb-heavy cold choices.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

This HIE is new. From the minute I came in the door, I felt welcomed. The lobby staff treated myself and the couple in front of me with respect. They had menus from the area restaurants for us to look at. The room was very nice. I could spread out all over in it. This hotel is near a Cabella's and a mall, so you can just a short distance and shop or eat at many fine restaurants. This is my second time to stay at a HIE hotel and I must say that I'm very pleased with them.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a trip earlier this year. We had a good stay as the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Location is great, just of I-70 and close to Wheeling, WV and Oglebay Park. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here two nights. It looks like it has just opened. It is very good with clean rooms, good bed and quiet night's sleep. No happy hour in this property . If I have a gripe it is the high price of nearly $150 a night for two people. Seems high for a rural interstate. I have stayed at similar hie properties for about half the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Triadelphia
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
5 mi away
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING? Share your experiences!