“Nice hotel in the Highlands of WV” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Burke, Virginia
“Nice hotel in the Highlands of WV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was a lovely hotel, but taxes and room rate together were almost $200 for a night. Near lots of restaurants and Cabela's mega store, so this may be the reason they felt the charges were justified.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank hiwaycruiser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ashtabula, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just a quick overnight with a late arrival but everything was great. Quick check in, friendly attentive staff. Comfortable rooms and fairly quiet. Close to Cabelas and all options at the Highlands. Also close to Oglebay and Wheeling casino.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

erie, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

visiting Cabelas. excellent hotel and clean...very nice breakfast was served with nothing to eat lacking..we will be staying at Hiltons for all our travel needs. staff was very friendly. I asked for a room not near elevators or stairs and got it. thank you..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Coshocton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I called this Hampton Inn in advance to making reservations to be sure there would not be an issue parking our 28' boat and truck. I was assured by the gentleman that answered the phone that 'we have trucks with trailers and tour buses all of the time.' I was not pleased when 1/2 hour, during a huge thunderstorm, I was told, quite briskly, that I needed to move my boat to the street behind the hotel immediately. When I approached the front desk in person, I was treated even more rudely. Finally, when we returned from taking our boat and truck to a Walmart over 1/2 mile away and getting a ride back from a family member we were NOT thanked for our cooperation or effort.

So, if you don't mind being treated poorly by desk clerks, this is a nice new hotel with pleasing landscapes and attractive public areas. It is a very commercial area with lots of 'chain' type restaurants and shopping. The workout room is large with lots of equipment. The breakfast is the same as other Hampton Inns and it is nice to have it included.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bearcatfans
Fort Ashby, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Hampton Inn & Suites never fail to impress and this location is right up there, the newness of the location, accommodations, and friendly staff may win us over from the location downtown in Wheeling. Everything is new here so I can't comment on wear and tear...housekeeping keeps everything sparkling, breakfast area was as well, items on the bar were standard Hampton fare, but hot and well stocked, check in and out were swift, parking area good, room and hall quiet. Price was higher than other area hotels , thus my only reason for a very good rating.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cntrymama_11
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn was probably decorated prettier than any where I have stayed. The breakfast area was nice although I felt they could use more seating for groups of 4 or more with safe searing for young children. The only table for a group was high with seats to match. The front desk staff was super friendly! The elevators were quick considering the hotel was full. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The night front desk attendant let me know that he would be able to extend my stay when I was leaving or work at 4:00 a.m. on 7/14/14. He advised that I grab my bags because I would have to move rooms when I returned. After work, I came back to the hotel around 6:30 p.m. I advised the front desk attendant of what the night shift attendant had told me. She said there was not a room available for me and that there was nothing she could do. This resulted in me spending an hour and a half to locate a hotel within half an hour of where I needed to be. If the night shift attendant had let me know that he was unable to extend my stay, I would have had all day to arrange other plans. Instead, he either passed this off on someone else for it to be their problem, or did not care in general how it was handled. Overall, I was extremely disappointed with this experience and it has made me question any further loyalty to Hampton and any affiliates.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SharonProtiva, Manager at Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I do apologize for the inconvenience we caused you due to the lack of communacation from my front desk agents. I have addressed the issue with all staff members involved to assure you that this would not happen again. Please accept my apology again, and if you are traveling again in the area, please feel free to contact the hotel directly so we may accomodate your reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Triadelphia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING

Been to Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands? Share your experiences!