“Great property, Friendly staff, Great services. comfortable beds”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Weirton
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Upon arrival there was great front desk service. The room was clean and ready for us.

Luggage cart was available at door.

Lobby was spacious and also contained a 'mini-store' of snacks/drinks.

The property was VERY clean and up to date. When I asked, I was told , it was less than 2 yrs old.

Room was great, BIG screen TV.

Bed was VERY comfortable. At first when you sit on bed, you think "Oh no", because it is soft. But wihen you lay on it, it is soft, but firm.

There were a couple things I did not like:
A) The temperature of the room, went UP at night. It seems like the sensors detecting people in the room, did not detect when you are asleep. I did report this and they wre turning the report in to maintenance.

B) Also we had a wet/moldy spot in one part of the room. Again they took a report and promised to take care of it.

Their FREE breakfast was great. There were hot foods and cold foods and an excellent selection. They even had waffle makers!

Check-in and check-out were very smooth.

Noise level was low, even though the property was full, and I was directly across from elevator, and it was a Saturday evening.

Internet service was good. There is wired internet service in the rooms, In addition, it appears the property is blanketed by various wireless zone. 3 zone were available to me. I connected via smartphone and service was sufficient. I did not use a PC, so I cannot comment on speed.

Great stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank xzr1tv

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Quick one-night stayover. Pleasant. Clean. Very affordable. Well located if you are on the road. There's Super-WalMart almost in walking distance if you need anything.
Continental Breakfast and Internet free.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We ha a death in the family in nearby Wellsburg so I called this hotel since it was new. Nita answered and was fantastic and offered a bereavement rate for us. We arrived and she was there to check us in. She made our trip enjoyable and seemed genuinely friendly and helpful. The hotel is new so everything was clean and in working order. There are two computers in the lobby area so I did not have to bring my iPad. The breakfast was very good and included the famous waffles that are a treat. Our room was clean and orderly and we slept well. There was not too much noise elsewhere, which helps a lot. Check out was smooth as a zero balance statement had been slid under my door. There are also free local newspapers in the lobby area. Parking is a snap and there are some good restaurants nearby as well. When we come back to visit, this will be our hotel choice.

Room Tip: I think rooms away from the lobby might be quiter.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sliphorn
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I was very impressed by my recent stay here. The staff was very friendly and the entire facility including the room was very clean. While I did not visit the pool, I did use the fitness room and while small, all of the equipment was in good working order. The breakfast room was maintained by a staff member throughout breakfast and the there were many things to chose from. I spent a good bit of time there watching TV and reading the paper, as I waiting for my wife to wake up, after I was on the treadmill. My wife's only complaint (not mime) was that the heater/air conditioner made a bit of a loud noise each time it came on. While it woke her up, I slept through it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pghphil
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I have stayed in all kinds of hotels from 5 star to 3 star all over the US and internationally. I have been to Weirton, WV many times to visit my wife's family and this was my first time staying at the Fairfield Inn Marriott. I was BLOWN away!! First of all, the staff is very friendly, nice and accomodating. Secondly, the place is spotless and the modern decor is great! Our room was clean and spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows and linens were high quality and clean. The room came with a microwave, refrigerator and a SAFE. I feel every hotel should, by law, be required to have a safe in the room. BIG bonus points with me. They have an amazing continental breakfast with a Belgian waffle maker, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, yogurt, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, great coffee with flavored creamers, juices, water, milk etc....and the seating area is clean with beautiful furniture. The lobby and breakfast area share a dual-sided fireplace which made the place feel cozy. I already told my wife that we are staying here every time we come to Weirton in the future.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne R
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Our stay at Fairfield Inn in Weirton WV was very pleasant. We were there for my Grandpa's Funeral which was a very sad time for me but the staff was so kind and the rooms we had were very nice and very clean also my daughter left behind a blanket which we were not aware of until it showed up at our house the next day after we checked out, I have never had this happen before and me and my wife are totally impressed and glad to see that there aregood people out there

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I stayed here one night with 3 of my college girlfriends for a friend's wedding. The hotel is very new and clean, beds are comfortable. The staff was very nice and accomodating. They were willing to help with any request. And I have to say, they have a great continental breakfast. If ever in Weirton again, I'd stay here.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weirton
Comfort Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Steubenville
Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh
Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh
#3 of 4 in Steubenville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton? Share your experiences!