“Three week stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Weirton
Reviewed 3 June 2014

While working in the area, I stayed at this hotel for 3 4-night weeks.

First the good:
The internet speed is one of the best I've seen in 2.5 years of staying in hotels.
The staff are friendly and helpful (I had one of them scan nearly an entire ream of documents one evening).
It's very close to a major roadway, and only 30 minutes from Robinson Town Centre.
Water pressure in the shower is pretty good on the first and second floors (didn't stay on the third).
And it's walking distance from a simply excellent Rib joint: Dee Jay's.

Now for the not so good:
"Hot breakfast" may be an apt term, but only because what is served is warm. Each of the 12 mornings I checked, breakfast consisted of sausage patties and egg (maybe imitation) fold-overs with American cheese in the middle.
The housekeeping staff could use a refresher on the difference between "cleaner than it was" and "clean". Not to say the rooms weren't suitable, they just weren't up to par.
There's no business center (which is why the front desk clerk scanned my documents).

May be a little overpriced for what it is, but it worked in a pinch. Still one of the better Comfort Inns that I've stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having 4 adults in one room made it seem liked we qualified for an episode from hoarders! Everything about the room was clean, but no room for anything. We contemplated putting the 2 chairs and stool in the hallway, but didn't want anyone to take them. The closet door was in the wrong place and not far enough from the clothes to not have them at a weird angle in the closet. I told the desk clerk that taking off the closet door was the only way to make it functional. The breakfast was decent enough. Steer clear of the eggs though, they were just nasty. Only stay here if you are going to have 2 people in a room.

Room Tip: There are other hotels around here also. It just depends on the size of your party. The indoor poo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This experience had only 2 negatives. The first was check-in. It took me more than 20 minutes to get checked in with only one person ahead of me. By the time I was finished there was a line of 4 more standing to check in. The second was the coffee the next morning. It looked the shade of tea, it was so weak. Other than that, the beds were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was nice with lots of choices. Not a bad location

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014

looked at the comfort inn website 167 Amerihost Drive weirton WV us 2606. a few days ago i put in the dates of 7/11/14-7/13/14 the rate came up as $107.00, but the site said they were booked. so i called. and they had rooms for $129+tax. i didnt book it. i called the next day to make the reservations and they gave me a rate of $149+tax. i asked why the price diff. from online to phone call. she says they just the website down cause they cannot change the rates on there? would not even let me use my spouse state gov. rate. so of course i was annoyed and the totally rude CUSTOMER SERVICE GIRL put the EXTRA GRUMPY MANAGER ON THE PHONE, she pretty much said that she could do 2 things for me. cancel my reservation or keep it. of course i kept it as that is where all my friends were staying for a weddin NOT A CONCERT which she kept rambling about.....she then proceeded to tell me that she will note my reservation so that she remembers me and to make sure i am on my best behavour. now mind you....i will be 46 at the time i am there....and i reiderate my husband is a state trooper....does she really think that i am going to be OUT OF CONTROL.....i am looking foward to seeing my friends and having a good time...however i think it is false advertisement to say its one price online and $40 more when you call and then admit that they shut the computer down so you cannot get that rate...... we travel frequently.....i have state at this hotel before.....it is very nice, clean, pretty good area.....they even let us check in early and sit on the patio and enjoy a few beverages until our friends arrived.....however they way that i was treated today on the telephone was completely out of control.....so be looking for my review after my stay 7/11 - 7/13 sincerely kim

Room Tip: call a few time before booking....the rates changed drastically in seconds.....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank KYMARIE10
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were not impressed with our stay at this hotel. It's is undergoing fairly extensive "upgrades" to the degree that the hotel should just close for now. They are putting up new wallpaper and replacing furniture, but the ventilation system seemed to be original and stale cigarette smoke permeated the space. Rooms are small and very cramped (bath/toilet in our room could barely fit one person and the sink/mirror were out in the living area). We ran out of toilet paper our second night but there was none to be found anywhere in the bath/closet. Beds were passable. There was a coat of dust on many of the surfaces that indicated superficial cleanings at best. Additionally, the walls and door seemed paper thin and we could hear other people both in the hallway and in adjoining hotel rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank candomama2012
J Chris B, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

I do apologize that your stay was not enjoyable and that your stay was during our renovations. We strive to make our guest as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately we can not close during renovations.
We invite you back once the renovations are complete.

Regards

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our experience was great. The only thing that was a little annoying was the initial checking in process. The front desk person was not available and a message had been left if it was urgent to pick up the phone and call a number. Well I didn't think that checking in should be put in the urgent catagory so I waited patiently. After about 5+ minutes a gentleman came by and said oh she is probably out having a smoke, that is usually where she is. This man was an employee. I waited almost 10 minutes before this woman appeared. She was ok but not overly friendly. Oter than that the room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. Everything worked in the room and it was a great experience. The breakfast was nothing to "write home about" but it was satisfactory. I shared the dining room with all the staff as I guess it was break time.

Room Tip: If you are hungry the restaurant next door, Dee Jays BBQ was excellant. Great food, fast service a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank hppysvn
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Made reservation 2/13 for 1 night after concert. Hotel called a week before and they were overbooked because of a group of long term guests staying past their departure and were offered rooms 45 minutes east of this hotel, which would have added to our return home. We were in a similar situation to the Jsussan review, although we were able to arrive early and secure rooms after having called Choicehotels and the local hotel, securing "guarantees" our block of 3 +1 rooms would be held. The hotel staff tried to handle bad situation, but it's a lesson to any leisure traveler that your needs are secondary to business groups and that your guarantee only guarantees that you will pay the hotel if you don't show up. That guarantee doesn't work in your favor. They knew how many rooms they had and how many reservations. They should have called people back after they didn't get volunteers to move and moved people. At least everyone would have had a room. We had a party of four "upgraded" to a Jacuzzi room, but with only one bed. My daughter slept in the tub. The complimentary breakfast ended at 9:00 - earlier than any other Choice Hotel I've stayed in. Our rooms were nice, clean, and the hotel actually looks like the pictures.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weirton
Holiday Inn Weirton
Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh
Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh
#3 of 4 in Steubenville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Steubenville

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!