“stay away”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The staff was friendly, but the rooms were less then expected. I have slept on the ground while camping and got a better nights rest. The toilet was so low to the ground that I felt like I was falling. Would hate to see and older person get up and down from it. There are too many disappointments with this place to list.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2013

On our three week trip to Florida, not knowing how far we'd get in a day's driving I did not make any reservations anywhere and when exhausted we stopped at the closest place to sleep and it turned out to be Comfort Inn in Weston WV. Upon registration I asked for non-smoking and told the clerk I am sensitive to smells. Exhausted we went in the room and settled in. The smell in the room I detected at first, did not go away after I had the air conditioner going. Hubby was offered another room at the desk, we declined because we had put everything in the fridge, etc.. I had a headache all night and in the morning the smell was just as bad. The staff outside was smoking I told them at the desk at checkout, how can a smoker detect a smell after they go in a room if they themselves smell of tobacco? I was lightheaded for most of that day. This was a funky smell, not cigarettes. I've never done the funky stuff, this was not pleasant for me. Breakfast was not great. Would not stop there again.

Room Tip: Good luck.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I chose Comfort Inn because their discount rate for a government employee was $22 cheaper than at the other hotels. Also, they offered a hot breakfast which included cinnamon waffles - so yummy! The air conditioner is loud, but it provided perfect white noise to drown out the traffic noises outside. It's a no frills place, but very clean and comfortable. Fridge and microwave in the rooms helped keep the food budget down as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We originally wanted to stay at the Best Western but it was full so they sent us here. We were so glad they did! The room we were supposed to have had just had it's carpet cleaned so they upgraded us for no charge. The room was so clean I could have eaten off the floor. The room was nice, the free breakfast was great and it was a lovely experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

First i will say that the older gentleman at the desk was very pleasant. There are only 2 hotels in Weston and the "other" was $50 more per night, so we chose the Comfort Inn. We got the last room as there is apparently a lot of construction or something going on in the area judging by the vehicles. When you walked into the room, it was extremely musty smelling. The bathroom & bedding appeared clean, but with that kind of stench, it is hard to feel clean in the room. We turned on the fan in the restroom and the air conditioner to get the air circulating in the room. We left it like that while we went out to eat, it wasn't any better when we got back. The next morning, it was nice out and we decided to just leave the door open as we packed up our belongings. Needless to say, with the options we had, we will no longer be staying in Weston on any future trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were visiting the state parks in the area, and wanted a decent, no-frills room in Weston. We were able to obtain a king bed room, but it was sparsely appointed. We did not hear noises from the interstate or the highway, but the AC was loud - however, it did work very well. Strangely, neither the lamp on the stand next to the right side of the bed, nor the alarm clock on it were plugged in. Upon investigation, I found that there was apparently no outlet in the vicinity. I even looked behind the bed (a high risk behavior in some motels!). The breakfast area was neatly maintained, but it was a low end breakfast -even by Comfort Inn standards. With tax, the room came to about $90 - not a great bargain. At check-in, I had to wait nearly 10 minutes. I would look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: The further your room is from the Interstate, the less noise, so ask for one on the far eastern end...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed here a few years ago as a walk-in after a long day of driving and not feeling like driving an additional 90 minutes to get a room in Charleston. That time I had a room in the building behind the office. This time, I got my room in advance to use Choice Privileges points for a free night. My room was one of the few in the ground-level one-story building in front of the office. The room was clean and comfortable, everything was in good working order. Refrigerator worked well, wi-fi was a little spotty and slow, shower water pressure was adequate but could be better. Plenty of hot water. Breakfast OK with hot and cold choices. The room fronts busy US 33 but there was no appreciable road noise. Located next to a car wash, across from a Walmart and Sheetz, and near other places to eat, just off I-79 at Exit 99.

It's a bit pricey for what it is, but it is a nice establishment. Vehicles in the parking lot were from several states near and distant, so it's obviously a popular choice for I-79 travelers, as there's not really much between here and Charleston except for a few offering about a half-hour south at Flatwoods/Sutton.

I'd definitely recommend this motel to anyone needing a room along the I-79 corridor. After all, I'm a repeat visitor.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!