We have just returned from our stay at the old rectory and found it to be a very pleasant hotel. The staff and owner were friendly and helpful our room was was comfortable with a lovely bathroom. We stayed in the old barn annexe and could only just hear the trains mentioned by another reviewer, and they seemed to stop before I needed to go to sleep anyway. Unfortunately it was not warm enough to try out the swimming pool which was a shame. The food was excellent I particularly enjoyed my breakfast bacon sandwich. We had dinner on one night of our stay and this was also very good especially the crab starter.
Our only disappointment was that we only met one of the two Birman cats !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory, Norwich's only AA 4* Gold 'Restaurant with Rooms' is a beautiful Georgian House, with adjoining Victorian Coach House, standing in an acre of mature secluded gardens on the eastern fringes of Norwich, overlooking the Yare valley and Thorpe Marshes nature reserve . We offer warm hospitality and friendly service to discerning travellers in a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Every morning, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast, cooked to order and served to your table. Our menu features local sausages, bacon, ham and eggs, Chef's own toasted muesli, thick yoghurt with home-made fruit compote, and artisan bread from a Norwich baker. Our Dining Room is open Tuesday to Saturday evenings (closed Sunday / Monday), with a daily changing 2 AA Rosette menu featuring freshly prepared, locally sourced, seasonal produce. The elegant intimate, Georgian panelled room has just six tables so be sure to book dinner in advance as we regret we cannot guarantee availability of a table, nor a particular time, where dinner reservations have not been made prior to arrival. The Old Rectory is 2 miles from Norwich railway station (services to London, Cambridge, the Norfolk Coast and intermediate stations) and the city centre with its Norman Castle and Cathedral, medieval churches, excellent shopping facilities and open air market. Norwich International Airport (flights to Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and international flights via the KLM hub at Amsterdam Schipol) is 5 miles. The Norfolk Broads National Park and the sandy beaches of the east coast are a short drive, and many historic houses, nature reserves, gardens etc are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Rectory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Norwich
- Old Rectory Norwich
- Old Rectory Hotel Norwich