“Wonderful”

The Old Rectory
Cambridge
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 8 May 2007

This hotel is wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here on business in March 2007. The food, friendly atmosphere and the room (room 2) were perfect. Chris met me on arrival and we had a nice chat and he made me feel right at home. I think I slept more soundly here than I have at any other hotel for work. I throughly recommend people to stay here an I personally believe it is extremely well priced for what you get for your money.

Hope I get to stay away again in Norwich soon!

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Nottingham.UK
Reviewed 30 April 2007

My wife and I stayed here, 24th April for four nights. We had checked Trip advisor as usual saw the other reviews and thought it must be worth a visit. It certainly was! Chris, the owner and chef was a star. The food was great,varied, and very well presented - top marks for effort there! The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, the room (1) was lovely and bright, quite large and very clean with its own little balcony and seating. Great for sitting out in the evening and admiring the lovely grounds. They even supplied fluffy dressing-gowns, which we thought for a small (8 room) hotel was exceptional. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and would recommend it to anyone. I noted one reviewer commented on the breakfasts- We are all entitled to our own opinions (quite rightly) but in four days the breakfasts presented were first class (especially the Suffolk ham and eggs!). Try it, you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — Bright and clean, well presented
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2007

This was my second stay at the Old Rectory having first done so in April 2006.

I spent five nights in April 2007 and, as usual, was extremely satisfied. For this stay I was in Room #3 in the main building which is of good size, has a large bed and a good sized fully-tiled bathroom with separate tub and shower.

Despite the hotel's being full several nights I never heard any noise from any other guests.

I had two evening meals "in" during my stay and the food was excellent on both occasions; service was flawless and very personal. The chef knows how to cook IMO.

Good breakfasts again with very personal service. Always nice to be able to take your time with the second or third cup while reading the local papers.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful which is one of the meain reasons I like staying here. They lend out maps as required, are good with directions, and go out of their way to be helpful and informative.

There are certainly plenty of other places to stay in Norwich but I appreciate the personal and warm service, the easy parking, the excellent food, and the overall ambience.

I will continue to highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a smaller establishment and very personal service.

I will certainly stay there again when I next return.

• Liked — Personal service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Intrepid1
LONDON
Reviewed 22 April 2007

We spent Easter at the Old Rectory and we really couldn't fault the place. The accommodation is excellent and the food is outstanding.

This is a very small establishment so don't come here if you are expecting 5 star hotel and service. However, if you want a small piece of luxury in a delightful setting, then this is the place come to. Chris, the owner, was very welcoming and the service from the staff was excellent, without being intrusive.

We are looking forward to our next stay already.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Anne1964
Dunston Hall
#1 of 1 in Stoke Holy Cross
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Holiday Inn Norwich City

Been to The Old Rectory? Share your experiences!