Premier Inn Norwich East (Broadlands/A47) Hotel
Hotels.com
US$159
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbrewers fayrehungry horserestaurant attachedgreat yarmouthrestaurant next doorcosta coffeemeal dealall you can eatgood nights sleepeasy accessbus stopreception staffpark and rideroom was clean and comfortablethe pubno air conditioningvisiting family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My two teenage sons and I have just returned from a three night stay at this Premier Inn. We were booked for two nights but liked it so much we stayed for another. We stayed in a family room which was very spacious even with a double bed, full size single and single pull out. The room was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. Absolutely no complaints about the condition of the hotel or adjacent Brewers Fayre. All of the staff we came across were extremely polite, friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant for both breakfast and evening meal and were impressed by the quality,choice and general dining experience. Again all the staff were so friendly and the atmosphere relaxed. There is plenty to do in the local area. A walk into Norwich city took about forty five minutes. The city itself is well worth a visit. The Broads and coast were also within a reasonable drive away. Due to the excellent road links, Snetterton Race circuit is only twenty minutes drive. I would say this hotel is conveniently located close to the main road links but far enough away from any noise. There is plenty of free parking. We had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend both the hotel and restaurant. I am looking forward to staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fiat12788
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We found this to be a very nice place to stay. Rooms were quite large and well appointed. Bathroom was very clean. Front desk staff were very helpful. On site parking was a real bonus. We organised a package which included an evening meal as well as breakfast. This was excellent value. We were surprised at the quality of the food for such a deal. There was plenty of choice. Overall we would willingly return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussieSuzie53
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This hotel was exactly what you would have expected from a Premier Inn - clean, comfortable and relatively good value.
I was staying here for two nights and have to say I managed to get some of the best nights sleep I have ever experienced in a hotel.
The hotel is modern and spacious with a Brewers Fayre next door. In my opinion the food and drink on offer at a Brewers Fayre is always good value and they have themed nights, so not surprisingly it is ALWAYS busy!!
I'm not too sure about the Premier Inn breakfast offerings....it always seems a little on the expensive side for me, so I decided not to order breakfast on any of the mornings I was at the hotel.
There's a large car park, which if free to use for hotel guests. You just have to obtain a permit from reception when you check in to ensure that you don't get a parking ticket or clamped!
Other than the hotel and the Brewers Fayre, there isn't an awful lot in the immediate area. On the Friday night I wanted to explore Norwich a little more, so decided to walk into town. The receptionists said it would be about a half hour walk, but it was more like an hour and fifteen minutes to walk into the City centre. I was glad that I did decide to walk though, despite the length of time it took. Between the hotel and Norwich City centre there's a lovely little village called Thorpe St Andrew. There you can find a varitey of pubs, right on one of the main rivers/canals that flows into Norwich. I was lucky to be there on a relatively pleasant summer's evening, so made the most of the pubs and summer atmosphere!
I did drive into Norwich on the Sunday morning, which only took ten minutes, but looking back, the walk was well worth it!!
Norwich itself is a beautiful city that is well worth exploring. I also visited Great Yarmouth, which is about a twenty minute drive from the hotel. If you get the chance, do take a visit....plenty of things to do for the whole family!
All in all another great Premier Inn experience and I would certainly stay again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter where you stay in the hotel, the double glazing means you won't hear a thing from the outside!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank trippies
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were very impressed with our recent stay at the Premier Inn Central South. Hotel room was spacious, modern & most importantly clean. There is ample parking at the hotel (free) and its a great location for exploring Norfolk. The breakfast buffet is superb and the Brewers Fayre restaurant also has a small soft play area for your children which is open until 8pm. In addition to the great room and breakfast, the staff are fantastic. We always received first class, friendly & professional service from all employees but in particular from the deputy general manager Leon. We did stay on the evening when the fire alarm went off at 4am (which was due to a faulty sensor in the restaurant) but this was an unfortunate, unforeseen incident. I certainly don't feel the hotel should have to refund the cost of our stay when this could not have been prevented (although customers that did complain received a full refund). The deputy manager Leon did send an apology letter to every resident for the disruption. Despite the unexpected wake up call, I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will be taking my family there again when we next take a trip to Norfolk.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BrendaR1978
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here before and it's a great premier inn. Nice big room Clean tidy and friendly staff.
However there was a fault with a sensor in the restaurant and the fire alarm went off at 4am. Kids were screaming and it spoilt our nights sleep. However we got a refund. No apology from reception staff though. Food in the brewers fayre was nice. All you could eat chip sho buffet on the Friday night. Breakfast was nice. Help yourself buffet style. Plenty of cereal juices etc. car park big and free. Bus stop across the road into Norwich. Room rate was a bit high £72

• Stayed: July 2012