Knights Inn Wheeling
US$90
US$174
Travelocity
US$122
Days Inn St Clairsville(Saint Clairsville)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$61
US$90
Priceline
US$161
Fairfield Inn
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The place is a dump. There isn't a lot more to say. The building looks like it should be condemned. The rooms are small, dark, and musty. The curtains did not even cover the window. My daughter stayed up most of the night because there were people in the parking lot scoping out the cars. The biggest crime is the rate they charge for this dump. Save your money ... sleep in your car if you have to. You'll probably get a better nights rest.

Room Tip: For a lot less money you can stay at the Wheeling Island Casino !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank rn1227
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Cheapest hotel I found in wheeling and it shows. Rooms are dated and have not been updated in a while, but it is ok for the price. It has a bad reputation with the upper class, but blue collar people like me think its just fine. I have definitely staid in worse places.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank A P
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night the bed was ok to say the least. The elevator going up to the second floor was tiny looked like it needed repairs. The outside of the building looked as if no one has touched it in many years, bricks were falling off, garbage was everywhere and just not a pleasant sight. Only plus was that it was relatively cheap to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This place is absolutely horrible!! It looks like a construction site! Looks like it should be condemned! Our key wouldn't work, the carpet was stained and the room smelled. The deal breaker was when my husband went to use the restroom and there was a towel in the toilet!!! We got our stuff (that we wouldn't even put on the floor) and walked right back down and got refunded. It didn't even seem to bother them, almost like its a daily occurrence for them!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Kisha B
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I will tell you right up front, you'd do yourself a favor by sleeping in your car!! Seriously...this location is that bad!!!
My husband and I were traveling from WI to VA. We looked for probably over 2 hours along our route (towards evening time) with no success at finding lodging. Everything was booked. We finally called this establishment and they had an opening. Just the fact they had an opening when 20-30 other hotels had not should have been our first indication something might not be right.
When we drove up it looked awful, but we convinced ourselves that maybe the room would be adequate. The closer we got, the worse it looked. The outside was in such disarray that I'm actually surprised this building has not been condemned ! We proceeded into the lobby. It was extremely hot inside, so much so that one of the men behind the desk was sweating profusely. I asked if the AC was not working and his response was "no, it's working but we turned it off because the front door is open". REALLY????? It's the end of July, are you kidding me???
We then asked to see a room. He took us over to the dilapidated elevator. I swear the carpet had not been changed in 30 years and it was rusty. It barely fit 3 people. Good thing that we did not have any luggage at this point. The hallway in which we got out was worse than the elevator...terrible stains on the carpet, just generally disgusting! From there we walked outside to get to our room on the 2nd floor. I was a bit nervous that the walkway would fall off the building as it was in such disrepair.
He opened the door and the room seem to go perfectly with the rest of the motels accommodations. It was small, smelly, dirty carpet, spots on sheets, scary bath tub, old and falling apart lamps & shades,....there was nothing about this room that was even close to "ok".
We went back downstairs but this time using the stairs instead of the elevator...big mistake! The staircase was even worse than the elevator...hmmm...is that even possible???
We told them we would take the room simply because at this point, just due to exhaustion, it would have been dangerous to drive. We paid ($100.79!) and proceeded w/our belongings to head back upstairs to our room. Getting up to the room our key did NOT work! Believe it or not...this happened 3 TIMES !
The pictures I will attach will tell you all you need to know.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple