“fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Huntington WV
“fantastic”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We spent two days there on a business trip during the first of the week. Enjoyed the managers grill out on Monday night. Great food grilled pork chops, green beans, salad and fruits. Real food not prepackaged frozen food could not have been better in the best restaurant. Very clean rooms lobby and halls. Did not use the pool or fitness center but they looked very good. Very friendly staff, managers and owner. They were very helpful is fulfilling any request we had. This has been the only business I have dealt in years where the staff did their work to such high standards and enjoyed doing their jobs.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks for that fantastic review! I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. I think something you said was very important: "staff enjoyed doing their jobs" To me, that is super important. It's all about attitude, and our team is really a positive and fun bunch. They are the reason we are ranked so highly!
Thanks also for mentioning our Monday night Manager's reception. You were correct when you said we only prepare fresh foods. Our owner, Bob really believes in starting our guests week off right with a great meal. I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I spent last night at the Hampton Inn -Wheeling on the way home from Philadelphia to Indianapolis. Each member of the staff was beyond excellent from the front desk employees to the security guard to the breakfast attendant to the housekeeper, employees went above and beyond. They even sent a driver out to pick up dinner for our very tired family. I travel frequently and have never experienced better service (even at hotels costing 3 times as much). The indoor pool; steam room and outdoor splash area and hot tub were great. My teens even enjoyed the awesome pool area. The teak garden complete with fountains and fire pit was beautiful and unique. Board games in the breakfast area. Very relaxing and enjoyable stay. My kids want to go back to Wheeling just to stay here!

Stayed July 2014
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks so much for that awesome review! I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations. There is nothing more important to us than delivering a world class level of service. I'm pleased that you feel we are achieving that standard.
It sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of the different amenities we offer like our aquatic center and teak garden. I was glad to hear you even got to play some board games with the family!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will listen to your kids and return to stay with us again soon! Happy travels!
Dayton Oh
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It is unfortunate that I am quick to criticize a hotel but always forget to write about a positive experience. I am Hilton Gold and stay at a lot of hotels. The signs said it was the #1 Hampton in the world in 2013 and I was skeptical. However, after we left we agreed it was the best Hampton we had stayed at. A very nice aquatic center and a lot of small touches that made it a little special. However, what really makes it number one is the attitude, friendliness, and helpfulness of ALL of the employees there. It is five star service! I wish I could remember all of their names but David checked us in and gave us a lot of information. Leo drove us to CVS on the way to the casino and picked us up later. People make the difference!

Room Tip: Free shuttle to and from Wheeling Casino.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jdnewt
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks for that very nice review, and congratulations on being a Hilton Honors Gold member! I'm so glad that we were able to convince you that we are indeed the number 1 Hampton Inn in the world. Don't worry, lot's of people are skeptical when they hear us say that. haha!
Seriously though, thanks for your kind words about our staff. I really do feel that our team is the reason for our success. Since you mentioned Leo and David by name, they will be rewarded and recognized at our next team gathering. Thanks for making that possible!
Once again, thanks for the review. i hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I chose this hotel when planning a cross country trip. I am glad that I stayed here. I have come to rely on the reputation of the Hampton Inn chain for road trips. they are very convenient, and at the end of a long day driving, you know what to expect when you arrive.

This hotel was everything that is promised by the Hampton chain. check in was quick and the front desk staff were very helpful about local restaurants.

the breakfast buffet was great and I like that I can get a cup of coffee and go to the room to pack, then have some light breakfast, and hit the road.

If I am in the area again, I will stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks for the great review! I'm so glad that you decided to use us for your cross country adventure. All the way from San Diego, how exciting! I'm pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations!
Thanks also for mentioning our "on the House" hot breakfast bar. We serve it every morning from 6 to 10. It's perfect if you want to sit and relax, or grab a quick bite for the road like you did. If in an even bigger hurry, we offer "On the Run" breakfast bags. Just something to keep in mind if you ever return.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Oak Park, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had never been here before. If our travels pull us this way again, we will for sure stay at the Hampton Inn in Wheeling, West Virginia. It was close to the casino and we were able to take a shuttle there and back. Won $1200 on one of the quick hit machines which made the experience that much better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks for that wonderful review! I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations. As the #1 Hampton Inn in the world, exceeding expectations is our primary mission.
Thanks also for your kind words about our shuttle service. It is true, we offer the only hotel shuttle to the Wheeling Island casino. It is a great convenience for our guests, like yourselves, who want to have a little fun without worrying about driving. I'm very glad to hear that you were a big winner! I am going to start the completely unsubstantiated rumour that it was our shuttle that was your lucky charm!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will coem back and see us again soon. Happy travels!
Coalinga, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was a hotel just for sleeping for us on our road trip, but after arriving, we wished we had more time to just enjoy the hotel. The staff is wonderful, room clean, bed comfy, nice business office, and breakfast with lots of options included. But the extras: a wonderful salt water fish tank with interesting and beautiful sea creatures to admire and the aquatic center put this hotel a step above for us. The aquatic center features a spacious indoor pool with showers spraying into and out of the water to have fun with as well as an indoor and an outdoor jacuzzi, two steam rooms, and a fun shower there too. The workout room is right next door so you can run or use the weights and then go straight to enjoy the water. Very fun and classy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel R
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks for that great review! It is always nice to hear from a Tripadvisor Senior Contributor. I'm so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations!
Thanks also for mentioning our 350 gallon salt water aquarium, not many people do, but it is a cool feature and a great focal point of our lobby. Kids love it! We actually has a special viewing step stool made up for kids to get a better look at it.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again when you have more time to enjoy all of our amenities! Happy travels!
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

i cant begin to describe how wonderful this place is. i have stayed here a number of times now and have had a chance to really get to know it. the pool rivals many amusement parks, the monday night free dinner is always delicious, but it is the people who work there that keep us coming back. there are plenty of nice hotels but there is only one place where the people go beyond above and beyond. the hampton inn in wheeling wv is a one of kind place where everyone goes out of their way to make you feel like you are home and where you belong. there are very few places like this today. thank you.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Melissaaaaaaaa
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks for that wonderful review! It is so nice to hear from one of our regular guests. It has been an absolute delight getting to know you. I'm so pleased that we have exceeded your expectations!
Thanks also for saying that we go above and beyond. I'm really proud of our team, and their efforts to connect with guests like yourself. I truly feel that the service our team provides is the key to our ongoing success. I'm so glad you feel the same way.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope to see you again soon. Happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!