“Very Satisfied”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Very Nice Hotel with upscale ammenities. Have stayed in many Hampton Inn's and this is one of the nicest. Service was excellent, with a complimentary manager's reception when I checked in. Only negative was that I thought it was quite expensive for the area of WV.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thanks for that wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We definitely strive to provide upscale amenities to our guests. I'm so glad you got to experience our managers reception. We really enjoy cooking dinner for our guests on Monday nights.
One thing you mentioned was that the service was excellent. That's what I like to hear! All of our team members work very hard to exceed expectations of our guests.
Once again, thanks for the review . I hope you will stay with us again soon. Happy travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Our second year of staying at this Hampton. An execptional staff that is attentive and caring. All the employees go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable from check in to check out. Will look forward to our stay their again next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emmanuel P
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thanks for that great review! We are so glad you decided to stay with us for another year. I really like to hear that our employees are attentive and caring. They are a great bunch to work with and it is good to know that all of them made your stay enjoyable from check in to check out. We look forward to your next stay, I hope it is just as exceptional or exceeds your expectations Once again, thanks for the review. See you next year! Happy travels!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We can't recommend this hotel highly enough! Very clean and beautiful facility. Staff was very friendly and helpful, fitness center had several machine (all working) and free weights, delicious complimentary breakfast, hot coffee in the lobby and a free shuttle. We will stay there the next time we are in Wheeling.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H

Thanks for that fantastic review! Im glad you enjoyed our fitness center and got to use the free weights and machines. I hope you got to use our free shuttle service. Our staff work very hard to keep our facility clean and beautiful as you mentioned. Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will find your way back to Wheeling very soon. Happy travels!

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

As a weekly business traveler this is by far the nicest Hampton I have ever stayed in. I was lucky to be here on a Monday night & was able to attend the Manager's Reception. Everyone was extremely nice & made everyone feel welcome. The owner of the hotel was even preparing & serving food. The Aquatic Center is also spectacular.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tina L

Thanks for that wonderful review! We really appreciate you taking the time to review us especially from a weekly business traveler. I'm glad you got to stay with us on a Monday night for our Managers Reception. They are really fun and we love to meet our guests. Our owner enjoying cooking and serving for our guests.
Once again, thanks for the review. I do hope you will stay with us again. Happy travels!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you are staying in the area this is the place to stay. Kids and wife loved the pool. Very clean, and the most friendly staff of anywhere I have stayed. I had to book separate days because of availability, but the people at the desk made some changes so I could stay in one room. Shuttle available and a very friendly driver.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for that great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so glad your family really like the pool. It's nice there is something for kids and adults. It's wonderful to hear that we were able to keep you in on room for you entire stay.
Once again, thanks for the review. We hope you return to Wheeling soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

For the second year in a row we have attended the Heritage Blues Festival in Wheeling, WV. Friends of ours have always sworn by Hampton Inns when they travel on business. So when we decided to attend this event we naturally looked for the nearest Hampton Inn in the area. We got a reasonable price by booking early in the year.
Now we've stayed at many Hampton Inns over the last 5yrs, but this one is far & away the best. The staff here is remarkable. Anything one could possibly need for an overnight stay is here. The service is impeccable. Everyone is polite, friendly, & caring. They also provide transportation to downtown, or the casino & the the waiting time is minimal.
We look forward to our trip here each year. It's just an awesome experience, we wouldn't stay at any other hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thanks for that fantastic review! I especially love the fact that you mentioned our #1 ranking in the title! I appreciate that, and the fact that you took the time to share your experience with us. I'm so very pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Thanks also for your many kind remarks about our team. You describe them as - "Polite, friendly and caring" and I won't disagree with you. They really live and breathe the spirit of hospitality, and that makes managing them an easy job. I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff at our next meeting.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon (there is no reason to wait for the next Bluesfest! haha!) Happy travels!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I travel across the country several times a year, from NYC to KC, and even if I could go further, I ALWAYS stop at this Hampton Inn. Not only is it clean, but it also has a great staff. I always take the shuttle to one of my favorite restaurants--that way I can have a glass of wine, and they will come pick me up. Love this hotel,,,, but make sure you have reservations, it always seem to be full.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thanks for that teriffic review! I can't tell you how much it means to us that you stay with us every time you pass this way. We really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I'm so glad that we continue to exceed your expectations.
Thanks also for your kind words about our shuttle service. As you probably know, we have the only hotel shuttle in the Wheeling area. I'm so pleased that we are able to take you to a nice restaurant where you can enjoy a glass of wine without worrying about driving. That is what hospitality is all about!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will be making your cross country jaunt again soon! We look forward to seeing you again. Happy travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling Triadelphia Area
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!