“Excellent burgers and meatball hoagie.”

Avenue Eats -- a neighborhood eatery
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent burgers and meatball hoagie.”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We had an awesome lunch. I enjoyed the BBQ burger - very juicy and cooked how I like it. My companion said the meatball hoagie was excellent.

• Visited September 2013

Bahamas
“Best Burger and Fries”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor to Wheeling and I must say they have the best burgers in town and one of the best anywhere. Friendly staff. Good prices.

• Visited September 2013
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Friendly, Fresh, Fantastic!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

YOU MUST TRY!! After only one trip it became my new favorite!
Everything is fresh, nothing frozen. Outstanding burgers & real French fries! Their desserts are to die for.

• Visited July 2013
“Can't Wait to Go Back”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Heard about this place from my neighbor and decided to try it for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised! I can't wait to go back and try something else.
We began with the mozzarella fritters. They were crispy and gooey at the same time. My son had the Italian sandwich with fresh cut fries. They were hot and crispy. I had the fish tacos, which were delicious and not something you find on a usual menu here in the valley. My husband tried the burger which he really enjoyed. We ended it all with a brownie sundae and strawberry shortcake (the best thing I ate that night! Was deliciously fresh. None of that fake syrup "flavoring"- just real strawberries!)
Over all a wonderful experience that I am excited to try again. Thank goodness somewhere local to enjoy a good meal!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank StargazerLily80
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best new restaurant in Wheeling!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was in town for the week and I took my whole family in to Avenue Eats and had a great lunch. After talking to co-owner Phil, who really has a progressive vision of his tastie cuisine, he explained their philosophy of making simple dishes with awesome, local ingredients. I really enjoyed my burger and fresh cut fries and my Mom's portabello sandwich was amazing. Avenue Eats has a great atmosphere that's simple and comfortable with a thoughtful design aesthetic. I wish I lived in their neighborhood to have this as my corner burger joint.

• Visited June 2013