View all 7 deals from US$62
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
My husband and I arrived here on a Monday and stayed over night with our mothers to see the light festival at ogleeby. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly lady. Our check-in took a little longer than expected (20 min or so). We were getting a little frustrated but learned that because my husband was paying with gift cards it took longer to check us in. That was the roughest part of our stay. Our rooms were very nice and very clean. I loved the pillows.. So soft. Beds were firm. Shower was great.... Good pressure and plenty of hot water. The decor was also great. If we are ever back this way again we would definitely stay here. It was money well spent.
Thank you for your patience at check in time. We like to process the gift cards during checking time. We appreciate that with your patience that you could enjoy the rest of your stay with us. We are happy that you and your family could enjoy Oglebay Lights and our hotel. Thank you again for comments.
We spent one night while visiting Oglebay. The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. The king room suite was great with the rooms being separated with a wall and the TV can be turned to either the sitting area or the bedroom. Breakfast was great with a nice clean breakfast area. We did plan on using the hot tub, but it was full of kids all night. Made a suggestion that they give adults only time, maybe after 10pm. We would definitely stay here again if ever in the area!
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that you could enjoy your time at our hotel. We will pass your comments on to our corporate office about the hot tub hours. Once again, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
All the reviews are correct about the staff. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Unfortunately that is the end of the good things I can say about this hotel. We stayed on the first floor, which may have contributed to the two bugs we found in our room. The sole purpose of our trip was to have a nice relaxing weekend getaway and enjoy the pool and hot tub. We spent a total of 25 minutes in the pool area the first night before becoming overcome with chlorine fumes. Eyes watering and chests hurting from coughing from the fumes, we admitted defeat and retired to our room, hoping the next two days would be different, since we had immediately reported the problem at the front desk. The second day we stepped outside our door into a hallway filled with chlorine fumes. We checked the pool area a few times over the next two days, always with the same result. The first morning after we arrived we were relaxing in our rooms when we heard a loud gurgling sound coming from the toilet. Afraid of plumbing problems, we called maintenance. He arrived very quickly to discover that the toilet bowl was filled to the top of the rim with laundry detergent soap suds. We got a repeat performance again the next morning, and by the time we checked out we had learned that the problem has been occurring for awhile. The beds were hard but not as uncomfortable as we thought they would be. TV faces one of the beds, although it can be turned sideways if done carefully to watch from the sitting area. We were a little surprised to discover that if we opened the dresser drawers to put our clothes in it, the drawers almost hit the end of the bed. Not a problem, you just have to be careful. Lack of good lighting over the sink is a problem putting on makeup, etc. and should be taken into account. The breakfast was very good: we are just not a big fan of turkey sausage and sugar-free syrup, although there was plenty of other delicious things to choose from. The day after we arrived back home was spent in an urgent care facility treating my friend's diagnosis of "chemically induced bronchitis" from the chlorine, with the doctor in charge adding that she had seen a lot of these cases from the many natural gas well workers in the area. My friend is now recovering, although the red scabby rash on her legs is a lingering reminder of her reaction to the chlorine, and the antibiotics she is taking should clear it up shortly. I fared better, just having some light chest tightness and coughing the first night. This is a good hotel for a short stay if you are travelling and meets the basic needs to find shelter. Just AVOID THE POOL AREA at all costs.
We are truly sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We take pride in making sure every guest enjoys their stay. I'm sorry that wasn't the case with you. We will look into your comments. We appreciate your comments so that we can better ourselves. Once again, thank you for words and we will look into everything that you mentioned. We do hope you will give us another try to prove that we can do better.
I stayed here for a family reunion. I will definitely comeback when visiting again. The staff was courteous, the breakfast was great, & the rooms were very nice and comfortable.the location was convenient as well. Plus there is a very nice view in the back of the hotel.
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having you as our guest again. Our associates take pride in ensuring our guest enjoys every stay.
We were passing through and really loved this hotel. Away from hustle bustle of the city but a beautiful sight over looking a college. I noticed on the door AED sticker so I assume they have the device on premises and the staff is trained. This is a wonderful idea. I am a retired nurse and AED have saved many lives since introduced to the public. It would be wonderful if every hotel would have and staff that were trained. (Very easy to use) and would help till EMS arrive. Don't know if we will be back in this area but if we are we will stay here. Loved the free breakfast and coffee in the lobby.
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you staying with us as you were passing through. We hope that you would come back and stay with us in the near future. Thank you for being our guest.