“Girl's Night Out!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Williamson B&B and Inns
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
“Girl's Night Out!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed overnight in Williamson to enjoy a charity event sponsored by the GFWC-WV Williamson Woman's Club. We found the Tug Valley Inn to be very enjoyable. Brandon greeted us when we checked in, gave us a tour and showed us our rooms. The rooms were clean and spacious with their own bathrooms. It almost felt like staying in a hotel! The bed was so comfy I really did not want to get out the next morning. We left before their big weekend breakfast, but there was a continental breakfast available and it was enough to get us on the road. The only reason I didn't rate the Inn 5 stars was the scent on the sheets. It wasn't bad! Just a little strong. My friend and I agreed. But once we got past it, we both sleep wonderfully. We would definitely go back again!! Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, KY
Reviewed 19 August 2013

While visiting family for the weekend, I was directed to this bed and breakfast located in the middle of Williamson. When we arrived, we were checked in promptly and showed a lovely spacious room. The room was very clean looking and smelled delightful. The bedding was beautiful with a comfortable queen size bed. The towel are very thick and plush, however the toiletries were very limited. The furnishing was modest, but in great condition. For the price the room could not be any nicer. The lady that check us in at the inn was very helpful in getting me a roll-a-away bed for my teenage son and extra towels, explained that breakfast is served downstairs, but did not explain the time breakfast was served or anything about the checkout procedure. On the nightstand there is a list about the checkout time and what was served for breakfast on the weekdays and weekends (eggs, bacon, biscuit and gravy; waffles & pancakes upon request), but still no time was listed. The next morning around 8:30 am, my family went to the dining area for breakfast to find one plate of food on a long table. We looked throughout the inn (the office, the kitchen, etc) to find someone to ask about breakfast and there was no one to be found. Mistakenly, I saw a room on the main floor that I thought might belong to the management and knocked to find out it was another guests room and asked them about the breakfast situation. They said that it was usually around 9 am. We returned to our room until 9 and when we came back down, we found 3 plates for food but still could not find any staff member. One of the three plates was the one that had been there earlier and cold at this point. Forget about requesting pancakes, there was nobody there to give your request to. Then about 10 am when we were about to leave, I wasn't really sure what I needed to do with the keys. The office had been locked with a note on the door to call a phone number if you needed something before 7 am. Called the number but only got a voicemail. Saw a basket on a table next to the office and hoped that would be a good place to leave the keys. To sum it up, the inn is lovely, but it really lacked in customer service. Would I stay there again? Probably, but I would ask everything that I needed to know at check in because that would probably be the only time I would see anybody.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Louisville, Ky
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Wonderfully redone 100 year old house on the main drag in Williamson, WV. Rooms were spacious, but in need of an amroire (at least the three we rented. Some other rooms did have a closet). Breakfast room was spacious, but lacking some character. Seemed like a business break room. The weekend breakfast we great, even fantastic, but get there early. Starts at 8:30am. Our late rising teens had nothing but pastries left by 9am. The weekday contential was mostly store bought, packaged items. Would have been nice to bring in something local if available. When we were visiting, ran out of soap bar supplies. We ended up running out buy our own when still out on the second day. Rooms were very clean. If you check in 8pm or later, dining options around town are limited. Bar down street was good. Most everything else in town closed. Few options back in Ky (across the river), but it is a dry town. So, no margarita with your mexican. We slept like logs, but probably because had busy days hiking and visiting. Train nearby was a none factor to us. Overall, kids rated the visit a 7 out of 10, which is good for teens these days.

Room Tip: Many rooms lack closets, armoire to hang items. Be on time for breakfast. If doing late check it, s...