“BLOWN AWAY”

Ranked #2 of 3 Williamson B&B and Inns
Abingdon, Virginia, United States
“BLOWN AWAY”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

For my wife and me, this was our first experience in a B&B. Our daughter Lisa, however, has stayed in many of them and highly recommended it. She was right. We have never stayed in a chain hotel or motel where we were made to feel at home. Mike and Wendy treated us as members of the family and given the run of the house.
Sunday Morning we were treated to a scrumptious breakfast of sausage, bacon eggs, biscuits, gravy, coffee. and a great danish. Beats the heck out of a continental breakfast of coffee and donuts.
If in the future, we are within an hours drive of Williamson and need a place to stay, the Linkous House will be it..
Thanks Wendy and Mike for your hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Charlie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 1 October 2012

this b / b had a nice, hoomey touch to it. wish we could have fixed our own breakfast. wouldn't stay anywhere else though. i love that it brought back memories from my childhood home on Vinson Street.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank yesimpicky
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Wendy held a huge Geocaching weekend here centered around her bed and breakfast. She was an amazing host to over 500 people that weekend. No not all of us stay IN the hotel, but we were all buzzing around town and through the house at one point or another. If you are a geocacher and want to do the Hatfield McCoy trail this is the place to stay. Wendy is an amazing host and will treat you right. I betcha if you twist her arm that she would probably even help you find a cache or two. :)
Great weekend Wendy... THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SuzyJazz
Hurricane, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were left a key and friendly note day of arrival. Rooms were decorated very cute just loved the antiques through out the house. I would agree with other reviews Luke Warm, gentleman of the house was very accommdating.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Ocoee, FL
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed at the Linkous House Bed and Breakfast for 3 nights, and loved it. I stayed in the Pauper's room that was very comfortable although the wood slats did groan when I climbed on the bed and reminded me of the bed I stayed in at my Gparents old farm many years before. Mike and Wendy were warm, and welcoming, and I enjoyed talking to them and getting to know a little about them. I would highly recommend Linkous House, and will return someday.

Room Tip: In this room you cannot tell there is a train.5 mile away slept great.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed here during a huge Geocaching weekend in town. The place was full of geocacher and surprisingly our room was quiet and cozy. The house has been retrofitted with full baths in all rooms and has great decor with personal touches like quilts on the beds our hosts Mike and Wendy made us fill special as guest in their home even though they were entertaining 500 plus people on this particular weekend. Would stay here again and plan to do so in the future.

Room Tip: If you are a Geocacher you really want to do the Hatfield and McCoy Geocaching trail. If not and are...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerGEO
Indiana
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My first impressions where Luke warm. The neighborhood looked a bit run down, and like others said, there was no one home when we arrived. Just a note and a key. I felt a bit awkward walking into someone’s house. And the place was a little rough around the edges. Bare wires hanging from the ceiling, missing faceplates on the wall sockets, dressers held up by PVC pipe legs, to name a few. Once I got past being a bit stuck-up it was really a nice place over all. Sure it could use some TCL, but when money doesn’t flow like wine, I can understand that projects have to wait sometimes. Rooms you will find small. They had bathrooms added to each so the guests don’t have to share a single bathroom, I assumed. So with the bed and dresser, this leaves the room very tight. But we won’t be living there, so it really didn’t matter. Besides, they were empty the first evening, so they gave our 17 year old son his own room at no charge. He was very pleased indeed. Beds were old and springy but comfortable enough to sleep all night. I’ve had worse and paid more for it. Breakfast was good, and plenty of it. I think my wife cooks better, as my waistline would attest, but we all ate well before we left for the day. Considering a hot breakfast came with the place to sleep, don’t let anyone tell you the place wasn’t worth the stay. You can lose the breakfast and stay in Pikeville for a good $20 to $40 extra EACH night.

Room Tip: Tourism "sends" you to Pikevilles, but here is really the center of what is going on in th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KHCIndiana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamson
Chief Logan Lodge & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logan
Hampton Inn Pikeville
Hampton Inn Pikeville
#1 of 5 in Pikeville
Hilton Garden Inn Pikeville
Candlewood Suites Logan
Holiday Inn Express Pikeville

Been to Hatfield McCoy House? Share your experiences!