Hatfield McCoy House
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bwest virginiahome away from homecookiestrail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great place to stay. If you get a chance definately the place to stay. Lots of character and down home charm. We stayed here while geocaching the pig trail and hatfield mccoy geo trail. Will definately stay here again when we come back to finish the hatfield mccoy geotrail.....pssst..i have it on good authority that she is getting ready to place some new caching. So get ready, set, happy caching.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Danny P
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at the Hatfield McCoy House twice Most recently in March/April of 2014. The rooms are rich with history, each highlighting some facet of the area's historic Feud. The hosts were very friendly, going out of their way to make me feel welcome. They were very helpful with information on the area. I definitely plan on returning in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The wife and I went to the area to do the various geocaching trails. The Linkous House, what a beautiful historic structure in the town. The rooms are very comfortable and decorated with items representing some of the main characters in the feud. One of my favorite places was sitting on the porch in the morning or evening for a relaxing time reading or reflecting on the events of the day. Wendy made us feel at home during the stay and since she is a decendent(GGGG granddaughter - hope I have the correct number of G's) of both the McCoys and the Hatfields provided first hand information on some of the happening of the events. In addition, Wendy is one of the co owners of the geocaching trails and hence was a great source of info on them. All in all a wonderful time spent at the B&B while in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank REF548
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was planning a trip this way and was looking for a place to stay and found the Hatfield-McCoy home. I had never stayed in a B&B before, and had bad experiences with non-name brand hotels, so I was a bit leery at first. So glad we stayed here!

It is an old house, but has been renovated. Each room has it's own bath. It is small, but the water pressure was wonderful. In fact, better than some hotels I where I have stayed. There is a room at the end with a good variety of breakfast items, a washer/dryer, and other needed essentials. There is a "smoking" deck at the other end. We never saw anyone there, but enjoyed it to eat in while enjoying the view of the mountain. Several other rooms were occupied, but we never heard a peep from anyone else.

The rooms and even the hall ways all contain pictures, newspapers articles and other items from the time of the feud. You get a history lesson just walking into your room. :-) I loved it.

The owner was gracious and a real delight. I felt like I was at home, or at least staying at the home of an old friend.

I don't come this way that often, but when I do I will always stay here and highly recommend it to others!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janice W
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my fourth stay. Each time Wendy (the owner) makes us feel like we are staying with family. I love all the pictures and pieces that decorate each room. We sit on the upstairs porch each morning and drink coffee. Anything we need Wendy is willing to help us with. It has become my temporary "Old home Place". Looking forward to the next visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family