My husband and I accompanied my parents on a 4-day getaway to Door County. I booked the accommodations and was assured my parents' room would be "handicap accessible". It was only to the minimum extent; only had extra bars by the toilet and in the shower. A raised toilet, or at least the availability of a riser, and a low-lip shower-only stall would have been nice.
On the positive side, the rooms were very spacious and clean. Was nice having a full set of dishes, glassware, and kitchen towels available, as well as a dining table, microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. We had a ground floor, lake-view room with a patio door, outdoor table and chairs. I would suggest a room with the view of Bailey's Harbor (Lake Michigan) for the beautiful sunsets. It is very quiet; we never even heard the people above our room, or our neighbors. Courtside rooms face the outdoor swimming pool, which is open 8am-10pm, though my parents didn't have any problem with noise from the pool.
There are several buildings of accommodations, and the office/lobby can seem a bit removed. There was an ice machine and soda machine in our building, we never did find any snack or food area other than the coffee available in the lobby. Being that the resort is a bit out of the way, it would have been nice if they offered at least pastries and beverages in the morning, or a little café. Breakfast was not easy to find in the immediate area; neither are groceries. Had we known, we would have brought fresh fruit and cereal, microwave popcorn, and a few other snacks/drinks along. All in all, we would return to this resort, just come better prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Door County waterfront resort is open year round. You can explore its natural beauty in every season: spring when the woods come alive with flowers, summer with its sunny days at the beach, fall with its festivals and trees dressed in a rainbow of colors, and winter with its quiet beauty of glittering snow on groomed trails. Afterwards, relax in one of our comfortable one and two bedroom suites, or staterooms; most with scenic views of the tranquil harbor or Toft’s Point Nature Preserve just across the road. Baileys Harbor Yacht Club Resort is open year round to provide our guests with premier accommodations during Door County’s four seasons of fun and relaxation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Baileys Harbor Yacht Club Hotel Baileys Harbor
- Baileys Harbor Yacht Hotel
- Baileys Harbor Yacht Resort
- Baileys Harbor Yacht Club Resort WI - Door County