My husband and I stayed at Maxwelton Braes the week before July 4th. We were pleased that the front staff was friendly, and we liked that the hotel was very quiet with a gorgeous view. With that said, I can say that due to these many small inconveniences, we rate this lodge as mediocre:
1. There were no toiletries in the room upon arrival, not even a bar of soap.
2. There were ants and beetles in the room every day of the trip. Some were on the bed.
3. The water shut off during the middle of my husband's shower and did not turn back on for 20 minutes.
4. They did not clean our tub on one of the days, and there was absolutely no maid service at all on another of the days (not even to empty the trash).
5. The front desk closes at 5:00pm and does not open until 9:00am.
We will most likely not be staying here again. It supplies the bare minimum for your needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Baileys Harbor, Door County WI, this historic lodge resort dating back to 1929 features 11 lodge rooms. The rooms vary in size from a standard lodge room featuring a king size bed up to a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. Available on the property are also 12 rustic fairway suites located on the 16th fairway of the Golf Course. These rustic suites have a bedroom, a bathroom and a living room with coffee makers, microwaves and mini-refrigerators as well as satellite TV. The Rustic Fairway suites have a wall unit air conditioner in the bedroom. On the property you will find an 18 hole championship golf course, 2 tennis courts and pickleball equipment available. The Sandpiper Restaurant, upstairs at Maxwelton Braes, serves breakfast and lunch daily. On the main level, Pasta Vino Restaurant and Bar offers Happy Hour at 4:00, and dinner starting at 5:00 Monday-Saturday. Pasta Vino is closed Sundays except on Holiday weekends. Maxwelton Braes Lodge and Golf Course also has indoor and outdoor wedding and banquet facilities. We can accommodate up to 200 guests for indoor and outdoor parties and weddings. Our property features an outdoor patio with a large fire pit for evening relaxation. We are located just moments away from the Village of Baileys Harbor with 2 beaches, shops, nature centers and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Maxwelton Braes Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maxwelton Braes Lodge Baileys Harbor, WI - Door County