All reviews golf course room was clean door county fairways fireplace peninsula towns
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time (last was 2016) and enjoyed it again. This is old but very clean and nicely kept. It was cold and rainy but they added blankets to the bed for us. The staff is wonderful. All rooms have king beds so if you are not a couple you need to share but still comfortable. It's a little pricey but worth it if you are looking for a place on the more quiet side of the peninsula. We will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My husband planned a quick get away and booked the Maxwelton for our stay. It truly ended up being a place for us to sleep and that's it. We waited at the reception desk for a good amount of time, the front desk clerk had been doing laundry. We got into our room which was a single room with a king size bed. The windows did not seal very well and they had a air conditioner with a hose that went out the window. The room was clean however the comforter smelled of mold so that came off immediately. Be ready for well water as well, my husband was not ready for that when he was brushing his teeth.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I stayed at Maxwelton Braes at the very beginning of their season, a busy time for staff, but they made time to make sure I was comfortable and had what I needed. I loved that they kept the fireplace going for me and I had a nice time reading in the comfortable front parlor. My room was clean, well-supplied and comfortable with updated bedding. It's bit of a step back in time -- a welcome one at that! (And the flat screen TV worked great, with lots of channels!)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancy F
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I recently stayed at Maxwelton Braes to attend a wedding of friends who were being married there. We were in a cottage on the golf course. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. The meal prepared for the wedding was excellent. The bartenders could not have been friendlier! Every aspect of service was top notch from check in until checking out!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Even though we had a small two-room suite, the bed and other furnishings, including and especially the bathroom, left a bit to be desired. Still, the staff made up for it, and the good restaurants on premises were very convenient. It's on a golf course, which was a nice amenity for me. Just don't expect too much in terms of the room.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple