I think Ridges Resort has a lot of potential. Its location is great - Baileys Harbor is about equidistant from all the major towns on the busy side of the pennisula. It is pet friendly and very near a dog friendly beach. The unit we rented was very clean, if old and outdated, and it DOES have wifi, something the website was unclear on. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
We rented the Twin Cedars cabin for a week. I think the bathroom is the only thing that had been improved at all, and even that was hit or miss. I would not recommend this cabin for a stay during a hot month. The AC is ancient and does not work well. Most everything else is outdated but works. Bring extension cords for your electronic devices! The only grounded (three prong) plug I found was near the door and above the stove. Made using my laptop difficult until we purchased a power strip. Bring extra pillows for the couch - the stuffing on the arms is long gone and can be downright painful. Keep your pets on a short leash, because there are gaps in the base of the cabin large enough to crawl through! The carpeting is painfully old, something no amount of vacuuming can fix.
The biggest problem we encountered was the beds. The kids were okay with the ones in the second bedroom, but they think sleeping on the living room floor is a treat, so I'm not sure they're the best judges. The bed my husband and I tried to sleep on, however, was hard and not suitable for sharing. Any movement by your bedmate makes the bed wobble up and down, enough to wake one from a sound sleep. My husband took to sleeping on the couch because of this. We left a day earlier than intended, because we were so exhausted.
We got a good rate and knew not to expect much. Staying here freed up vacation money funds for many things. Hopefully the new ownership will do a lot of updating over the slow season, because even with reduced rates, I don't think we'd stay again if no improvements are made.
The motel units looked much nicer -perhaps this is where the updates have been focused so far? But we did not see inside one so I can't comment on that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Friends of The Ridges Inn & Suites of Baileys Harbor: We are very excited to announce the many improvements which are taking place during this off-season. Some of the improvements include freshly painted guest rooms, new carpeting in nearly all guest rooms and all cottages. We are also replacing all mattresses and box-springs at the inn with Serta Signature Suite Plush 13". Linen packages, including, sheets, comforters and bath linens will be all new this year. Look for our new highway sign which will greet our guests in the Spring of 2017! Thank you for your patronage! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baileys Harbor Ridges Hotel Baileys Harbor
- Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort WI - Door County