I was somewhat leary of booking this place do to the other reviews but thought that we would give it a chance. Should had known better. We have stayed at a lot of places thru out the US but this had to be one of the worse places for the money. We were in the Twin Cedars South cabin which is not listed on the web site as one of the options available.
The only good things to say about the place was that it was quiet, had a microwave and mini fridge. Problem with the microwave and fridge was the placement of it! If the fridge would had been turned to sit another way from the corner it was in it would had been possible to plug in the microwave! In order to use the microwave I had to move a table away from the wall, put the microwave on the table then plug it in!
First night there couldn't keep sheets and matress cover on the bed as they were too small! After telling staff about it they did change them the next day.
Everything except for the lamps and tables were horrible in the room. Bed was totally worn out--sagging on both sides, no support. Carpet was stained and worn. Bathroom shower stall was very tiny and not very clean. Room was never vacumed during the four days we were there. The couch was shot--leaned against it and it rocked! Would had been better not to have a couch at all!
Understand that it is under new managment/ownership but this is not a way to run a a lodging establishment. This "cabin" is very small and wouldn't cost much at all to put a new renament carpet in and repalce the linloeum in the bathroom. I am sure this cabin isn't rented out every day and the improvements coudl easily be completed in a few hours time with not much expense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Friends of The Ridges Inn & Suites of Baileys Harbor: We are very excited to announce the many improvements which are taking place during this off-season. Some of the improvements include freshly painted guest rooms, new carpeting in nearly all guest rooms and all cottages. We are also replacing all mattresses and box-springs at the inn with Serta Signature Suite Plush 13". Linen packages, including, sheets, comforters and bath linens will be all new this year. Look for our new highway sign which will greet our guests in the Spring of 2017! Thank you for your patronage! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baileys Harbor Ridges Hotel Baileys Harbor
- Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort WI - Door County