“Yuk yuk tree”
Review of Yum Yum Tree

Yum Yum Tree
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Baileys Harbor
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Gross. The chocolate dipped on the waffle cones is cheap and disgusting and has some sort of gum ball or something at the bottom of it, which doesn't help any dripping at all. The ice cream isn't anything to write home about, the waffle part is poor, and it's all WAY overpriced. Do not stop here for ice cream.

1  Thank CoJo124

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were looking for a take-out sandwich as we travel with our dogs and wanted to be able to each at one of the local beaches, enjoying lunch, the weather, and the view. As we meandered through Bailey's Harbor, my husband noticed the "deli-style sandwiches" sign. Sounded good! In fact, it turned out to be SO good that we came back the following day. I had the smoked whitefish sandwich which was outstanding. I ordered it BOTH times on rye. It was LOADED with whitefish and included lettuce, tomato, a light layer of cream cheese, and a pickle. On our first stop, my husband enjoyed the pastrami on rye, and the second was salami on bagel bread. Both were piled high with meat and included dark mustard (he enjoyed the pastrami on rye the best). Sandwiches are made to order. In fact, the shop attendants use a checklist from which they ask you what you want, your type of bread, accompaniments, and mustard, mayo, etc. One day (it looked like the owner might have been making the sandwiches) each sandwich included a pickle slice; the second day our orders did not. You can order a side salad (three-bean, potato, etc.) and a cookie for $1.50 extra. Yum Yum also had a selection of about five soups, including squash, which I would have tried had we returned a third time! :) As my husband waited for our orders, I wandered over to the other side of the Yum Yum Tree to peruse the candy. They sell candy by the pound, individual melts, et al, and a Door County staple -- fudge. On one visit, I bought a nice chunk of "chocolate chocolate" fudge,and on the second visit found some "vanilla walnut" fudge and a travel favorite of mine -- candy rocks (delectable candies that look like...rocks). I noticed several customers enjoying ice cream, also. I'm really looking forward to our next visit to DC and another smoked whitefish sandwich. Ahhh, if I only had one now...

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Most everything here is overpriced and not very good. The owner needs to work on being nice to people. Staff is friendly and good though.

Prolly shouldn't have made such a big deal about the price of those tomatoes at Town Square Market lady!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This store is packed with candy: old fashioned candy, international candy, American favorites, fudge, homemade ice cream ... It is a sweet tooth's delight!

2  Thank Maria943